change Squid′s file extension *.txt to binary download

change Squid′s file extension *.txt to binary download

Post by Sven Westenber » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:28:30

Hi,

our LAN is connected by a linux router, firewall (ipchains) and proxy (squid
2.3.STABLE3) to the internet. Everything works fine, exept the download of
compressed *.txt or *.tx_ files. My squid downloads them as text-files, but
when uncompressing then, the file is not readable any more. Where and how
can I tell Squid how to download these file-types (right would be: download
them in binary mode!!) ?

Thanx
CU
Sven