newbie needs trojan help

Post by E.A » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 09:01:44

Hi,
          I have RH 6.2 , and I checked with netstat , I had port 1025
listening , now I saw a list of trojan ports , and I find out  that there is
a trojan that uses port 1025 , so how will I confirm that a trojan is really
using my port 1025 or not .

Thanks

newbie needs trojan help

Post by Magnu » Sun, 03 Jun 2001 20:43:31

Quote:> Hi,
>           I have RH 6.2 , and I checked with netstat , I had port 1025
> listening , now I saw a list of trojan ports , and I find out  that there
is
> a trojan that uses port 1025 , so how will I confirm that a trojan is
really
> using my port 1025 or not .

> Thanks

netstat -anp | more

check out the binaries wich are listening on each port, make sure
it is something you use. If not, find out a way to stop it from
booting with the system.

Magnus

1. help needed to remove linux trojan

Help needed.....

My linux box got hacker!!!!

I did ps uax and encounter "signal 17"...

i top with M and found some 10 pid as nobody httpd and when i kill
them, they just keep coming back... at end of the day, my linux box is
down. then, when i try to re-boot it, i got "Unable to load
interpreter" error ....

need advice badly...

please.....

thanks in adcance,

gary

2. boot problem

3. Help need - to remove linux trojan

4. X Protocol

5. Need help - Newbie-est of the Newbie's

6. lk maintainers

7. <help>Linux newbies need help with CD and soundcard<help>

8. help!

9. i need a virus / trojan scanner

10. Help! Newbie to Sun and need some help.

11. Newbie : Need help with xf86config - PLEASE HELP

12. HELP: Newbie help needed 2940UW woes

13. HELP!!! Newbie needs your help deparately!