Linux Firewall settings to allow PPTP VPN acces to NT Server?

Linux Firewall settings to allow PPTP VPN acces to NT Server?

Post by M Ker » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have heard the basic "Open port 1723 and enable protocol 47," but I don't
know how to do it or what else is required.
I have been looking for information and I saw a HOW TO online, but it was
not clear enogh.  The sample configuration does not make clear what the
sample IP addresses listed are supposed to represent.
Is there a book or more detailed web page with more thorough and specific
instructions on this?

Linux Firewall settings to allow PPTP VPN acces to NT Server?

Post by KILLRTO » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I have heard the basic "Open port 1723 and enable protocol 47," but I don't
>know how to do it or what else is required.
>I have been looking for information and I saw a HOW TO online, but it was
>not clear enogh.  The sample configuration does not make clear what the
>sample IP addresses listed are supposed to represent.
>Is there a book or more detailed web page with more thorough and specific
>instructions on this?

- Read this
ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/masquerade/VPN-howto/VPN-Masquera...
- patch your kernel
- compile a new one with the new options as described in the vpn-howto
- declare protocol 47 in /etc/protocoles
- set up your ipchains-rules for masquerading as described in the
vpn-howto
and have fun...

I did all this stuff 2 weeks ago and everything works fine.

Tom

finger tom

Login: tom                             Name: tom
Directory: /tom                        Shell: /beer/bash
Last login Thu Dec 16 09:29 (MEST) on tty1
No Mail.
No Plan.

1. MS$ NT > Linux Firewall > Internet > MS$ NT PPTP Server

Please excuse the <seemingly> newbie question, but I have an issue.  I
would like the ability to manage my corporate network from home via PPTP
rather than 28.8k PPP.  I have a cable modem at home, with a Linux
router / firewall.  I'm unable to establish a PPTP connection through
the Linux box.  Below are the specs:

Linux Box:
    PII233 96MB RAM
    RH Linux 6.0, kernel 2.2.14
    IPCHAINS

NT Box:
    NT4 Wks SP5
    NIC / Modem
    PPTP client

I can connect via PPTP in any environment not including my Linux box,
and according to the documentation at the IP Masquerading Resource,
there's a kernel patch.  Unfortunately, I have had no luck finding the
patch for a 2.2.14 kernel.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan Underwood

http://www.utcm.com

2. ftp logging on hp-ux

3. slow pptp for linux firewall clients, fast pptp from Linux firewall

4. Q: Solaris(Intel) on MB with MVP3 chipset

5. pptp linux client to pptp nt server

6. fastest way to get time of the day on Solaris (C/C++)

7. Sys::Hostname exibits strange behavior under Solaris 2.5

8. PPTP VPN server on iptables firewall

9. PPTP client to NT VPN server problems

10. NT VPN server behind Linux firewall.. help?

11. VPN to W2k with PPTP over Linux firewall Problem

12. Linux Firewall & Microsoft PPTP (VPN) Problem.