command that gives info on dhcp servers etc?

command that gives info on dhcp servers etc?

Post by Richard Kimbe » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 04:12:04

One problem is sorting out security threats from normal activity.  Is there
a command that tells me the IP addresses of all the servers that I need to
contact?  I'm told that the equivalent windows command is
ipconfig -all

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber

http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/area/uk/ge01.htm
British General Election 2001

1. Linux ppp server, remote IP given by DHCP server?

Hi folks,

        I'm setting up a linux ppp server.  So far, I've had pppd supply
a fixed IP address to the remote machine (running Win95), and everything's
been hunky-dory.  Now I'd like to make use of our local DHCP server (an NT
server, if that makes any difference) to generate an IP address.  How do
I do this?

        So far I've tried telling the Win95 machine to use DHCP to get its
IP address, and taken out the n.n.n.n:n.n.n.n line from my .ppprc file.  When
I try to connect, the Win95 machine generates a message saying that it
failed to negotiate a network connection with the server.

        Here's my current .ppprc:

        -detach
        modem
        crtscts
        lock
        proxyarp

What else do I need?  By the way, I'm running pppd 2.2.0e and linux kernel
version 1.3.71, with IP forwarding and PPP support enabled in the kernel.
All suggestions appreciated.

                                        Thanks in advance,
                                        Bryan
Bryan Wright                |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department          | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia      | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901  |

2. logname: unable to get entry in /etc/utmp

3. Make command when installing DHCP gives error:

4. linux and marijuana

5. command to get info give an ip address

6. Laptop networking

7. my fav commands w/several Qs: DHCP, driver install, certificates, etc.

8. cshell on NT

9. command to extract mp3/ogg info (bitrate, time, etc)?

10. My home dialup server does not give DHCP

11. My home dialup server does not give DHCP.

12. DHCP Server does not give good lease period

13. solaris dhcp server not giving out more IPs