ssh proxy

Post by Tim Mui » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

At my Uni, they are really security conscious. When I went to install my
linux machine there, they wanted me to run tripwire, tcp wrappers - and
also listed a whole lot of services I wasn't allowed to run.
The main one is sshd. So I installed sshd on the box - and have since
discovered that the Uni only has a proxy for telnet and ftp connections
which essentially makes the box useless to me (as I need ssh access to
hosts outside the firewall for my honours project)!

I spoke to sysadmin about it, and they told me that they could not find a
suitable ssh proxy for their needs and that the only ones that they knew
of provided a 1..N mapping (?) of hosts - and they required an N..N
mapping. Has anyone ever found a reliable ssh proxy server ?

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Timothy Muir

1. SSH proxy

I want to ssh to a remote machine, using a telnet proxy that is in the
middle.

In order to ssh to the remote host, I have to telnet to the proxy, and
then issue:

connect <remote host> 22

How can I automate this?

I need ssh to first telnet to the proxy (normal telnet mode), issue the
connect command, and then switch to ssh negotiation.

Any hints?
Thanks.

2. Job Control Question

3. Graphical terminal emulator and SSH proxy.

4. cnet 10/100 card

5. SSH Proxy or authpf

6. D'oh! Curses library calls not found

7. ssh proxy

8. Running NCSA httpd 1.4 from inetd ?

9. can ssh-agent work between ssh-2.3 and ssh-3.5

10. ftp client proxy ms proxy firewall http proxy unix

11. Proxy over ssh

12. SSH trough SSL proxy

13. Using SSH to access a Squid proxy