port forwarding

Post by Drew McBe » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:47:31

    I'm running RH 7.3 / 2.4.18-3 on a dual PII266 . I use ipchains and I'm
running squid. I THOUGHT port forwarding was a function of ipchains, but I
see that it is not. What do I need to do port forwarding? Or where can I
find info on it? I can't find any how-tos...

                    -D

The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.

__________________

Drew McBee
Network Technician
Tradesmen International
6830 Cochran Rd
Solon,  OH 44139
(440)349-3432 x 2141

www.tradesmeninternational.com

port forwarding

Post by Tim Hayne » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:00:51

>     I'm running RH 7.3 / 2.4.18-3 on a dual PII266 . I use ipchains and
> I'm running squid. I THOUGHT port forwarding was a function of ipchains,
> but I see that it is not. What do I need to do port forwarding? Or where
> can I find info on it? I can't find any how-tos...

Look at the NAT-HOWTO, DNAT in particular. It's an integral thing with
iptables, not ipchains, which you also have with RH7.3, so stop pratting
around with the old chains and upgrade all at once!

~Tim
--

Another apt-get dist-upgrade                |http://spodzone.org.uk/