CA Cert with OpenSSL not recognised as "CA" cert

CA Cert with OpenSSL not recognised as "CA" cert

Post by Andy Yue » Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

dunno exactly which newsgroup should I post this to, will be glad if
someone can point this out.

I have generated a CA cert for my Apache-SSL (with OpenSSL 0.9.4).
When going to this web server with Netscape Communicator 4.7 browser, I
have chosen to trust the site in all after session.  However, the CA
cert can be found only in 'web sites' but not in 'signers'.

Also when I tried to sign a outmail mail with a certificate issued by
this CA, Communicator complained that this CA cannot be verified.

I have read a lot of FAQ on this and the FAQ said this only occured in
old version of Communicator.  What should I do?

Thx in Adv!

Andy

1. SunOS not vulnerable to rlogin bug (CERT CA-97.06)

Many people have been asking me whether SunOS is vulnerable to the rlogin
attack described in CERT advisory CA-97.06, released this week. It is not.

I have checked the source for each release and find that the variable
affected by the overflow attack is not kept on the stack. Thus no such attack
can succeed.

Under normal conditions this information would have been included in the
bulletin. However I was not able to supply the information before the
publication deadline. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience resulting
from the lack of this information.

-mg-

Mark Graff
Sun Security Coordinator

2. Why is "novice" installation so important?

4. Caldera OpenLinux 1.3 - Buggy Beyond Belief???

6. ProFTD on Fedora Linux

7. CERT Advisory CA-94:09.bin.login.vulnerability

8. /dev/mdi/eeE Warning

9. HTTPD and CERT advisory CA-97.07

10. CERT Advisory CA-2002-25 & Sun Alert 46122

11. CERT Advisory CA-2002-11 Heap Overflow in Cachefs Daemon (cachefsd)

12. CERT CA-2002-19 DNS Buffer Overflow & AIX?

13. rlogin vulnerability: CERT Advisory CA-97.06