Preventing mail relay

Post by Jaso » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:43:23

Hi,

Would anyone give me some advice on coding regarding to preventing mail
realy in the Linux?  Providing that linux box is not a mail server and the
mail server is running on windows base.
Thanks.

Jason

Preventing mail relay

Post by irado furioso com tud » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:22:48

> Hi,

> Would anyone give me some advice on coding regarding to preventing mail
> realy in the Linux?  Providing that linux box is not a mail server and the
> mail server is running on windows base.
> Thanks.

since it (linux) isnot a mail server, and the mail server is in the
winblows, why 'prevent mail relay in the Linux'??

--

sauda??es,

Irado Furioso com Tudo
Linux (SuSE) User 179402

mais crimes s?o cometidos pelas religi?es do que pelo atesmo.

Preventing mail relay

Post by Michael Erski » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:24:54

> Hi,

> Would anyone give me some advice on coding regarding to preventing mail
> realy in the Linux?  Providing that linux box is not a mail server and the
> mail server is running on windows base.

If I understand correctly, you have a mail server running on Microsux
and you have a Linux box on your network?  You want the mail server
(which is installed by default in most distros) on the Linux box to
not relay mail?  If that is correct... turn off the mail server on the
Linux box.

-m-