Linux Router Project (LRP): Make just a router ???

Linux Router Project (LRP): Make just a router ???

Post by Peder Bue Peders » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 06:37:09

Hi

How do I make "Linux Router Project" (LRP) to just a router
without the firewall ??
I want to forward everything with NAT.

Regards Peder

Post by Neil » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:39:48

> Hi

> How do I make "Linux Router Project" (LRP) to just a router
> without the firewall ??
> I want to forward everything with NAT.

> Regards Peder

Just use iptables , Rusty Lee has a 3 line config for doing NAT ( sorry
i dont have the URL , but google is your friend ! )

heres the top 3 lines of mine ( using ppp0 for an adsl modem, you might
want to use your device here )  :

iptables -F
#iptables -A INPUT -j LOG
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

( the log line is commented )

That should be enough to do NAT

You may also need to do this :

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Cheers

Neil

Post by Chris Co » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:34:06

> Hi

> How do I make "Linux Router Project" (LRP) to just a router
> without the firewall ??
> I want to forward everything with NAT.

I haven't used it, but my guess is if you clear out the call
of the script that loads the chains and replace it with a
simple NAT/Masquerade (assuming that's what you want), then
all should be fine.  But it's just a guess I'll admit.

1. Linux Router Project #lrp in irc.freenode.net

I always did find it hard to get some questions answered when i had
problems with LRP so i figured why not make a channel for it on
irc.freenode.net.  Forums for me are good source to look at when u
have a problem but sometimes u just need to talk to someone where we
can share information about things and keep each other up to date.
LRP has a HUGE user base and i would wish to see alot of u guys in
there supporting it.
Eddie

2. SparcStation 4 Problem

3. LRP Linux Router Project Help!!!

4. pkgadd: ERROR exec of /sbin/sh failed

5. LRP (Linux Router Project)

6. fsck warning

7. Linux Router Project (LRP) problem

8. Solaris x86 Stuff

9. How to build the floppy of LRP (Linux Router Project)?

10. Linux Router Project (LRP) problem / please help

11. Linux Router Project Channel #lrp in irc.freenode.net

12. LRP (Linux Router Project)

13. Cable modem with Linux Router Project & Fireplug Edge Router - help with wierd ports!