NIS+NFS question

Post by jpch » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 19:51:14

Hi,

I have met one problem while setting up my NIS server and NFS server.
The problem as follows,

1. There are one NIS server, one NFS server(also NIS client), and one
client workstation(NIS client),
2. If one exported share was mounted on the client,
3. If there is one local account on this client, the access of this
account to the exported share result in no warning even this local
account doesnt exist in NIS server,

It seems one security hole for my environment. How could I pass this
problem?

Best Regards,

JP

1. Secure NFS under Solaris 2.5/2.5.1 without NIS/NIS+ ?

Can anyone point me to procedures for setting up secure NFS between two
standalone machines (i.e. not running NIS/NIS+ ) ?

I believe I have to tweak /etc/publickey on both machines, but I'm hoping
someone has done this already...

Thanks,
Vinod Kutty

2. AIX 4.3.2: Getting rid of Paging Space hd6

3. ??? NIS, NIS+, NFS slow down webserver delivering?

4. Restoring Linux over minimal OS

5. nfs,nis and nis+

6. bandwidth equ (LAN -> 2 routers) How-to ?

7. amd-utils/nis/solaris/nfs-automounting question.

8. HELP: "reboot" cmd hangs Linux 1.2.13 Pentium 133MHz

9. NFS/NIS Questions

10. NIS/RPC/NFS question

11. Questions about NIS/NFS policies

12. NIS+ nfs and mountd question