SSH tunnel?

Post by Kevi » Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:38:22

I'd like to VPN tunnel all my IP traffic between my machine at
home and any machine at work.  I've got OpenSSH X11 forwarding
working between the two locations in both directions, and I run
most applications via X.  But, I'd like to insure that *ALL* my
traffic goes through a VPN tunnel.  I'm not married to SSH, but
it's what I know.  I'd like for the VPN tunnel set-up to be as
easy as possible, while still providing at least the same
security as a well set up SSH connection.

Suggestions please wise c.o.l.s folks?  Thanks!

1. ssh tunnel to non-standard ssh port

I have an instance where I am wanting to connect to a remote server
which has ssh listening on a non-standard port (22170). I cannot
create a ssh tunnel without ssh also listening to port 22 or have no
port assigned -- I also have to open port 22 on my firewall.

Is there a way that I can create a ssh tunnel to a remote server which
has ssh listening on a non-standard port? Here is my tunnel command:

TIA
gmac63

2. Linux ppp fails connection to Portmaster pm2e

3. iproute2, 2 inet lines, 2 interfaces, 2 ssh tunnels

4. crypt Algorithm

5. reverse SSH tunnel problem

6. funny behavior of PAGER variable in mail

7. Trouble using VNC thru a ssh tunnel

8. vi and mouse

9. SSH tunnel without shell on the remote-host?

10. Way to make an ssh tunnel be the "default router"

11. Specifics of SSH Tunneling through firewall.

12. Secure NFS via SSH Tunneling now available

13. xemacs through ssh-tunnel problem