ftp 127.0.0.1 : Connection refused !

Post by Nicolas MENOU » Thu, 31 May 2001 17:59:01

Hi,

I've just installed RH7.1 and I'm not able to ftp my server from outside and
from inside (127.0.0.1) I got immediately the Connection refused message. Is
there a service which is not working ? I've got a similar trouble with
samba, I did not see my linux server from my Win2K platform and samba is
running. I use the same smb.conf file I used with RH7.0 and it was working.
Does anyone know where is the problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

Post by Jacob Atze » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:41:28

> I've just installed RH7.1 and I'm not able to ftp my server from outside and
> from inside (127.0.0.1) I got immediately the Connection refused message. Is
> there a service which is not working ? I've got a similar trouble with

Try netstat -pan, it should show you if your ftp server is listening.
Look for port 21. You really shouldn't use ftp as it's _very_ insecure
as it sends passwords unencrypted. Try looking into ssh/sftp/scp as a
solution.

Regards
- Jacob

Post by <elle.. » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:20:41

>> I've just installed RH7.1 and I'm not able to ftp my server from outside and
>> from inside (127.0.0.1) I got immediately the Connection refused message. Is
>> there a service which is not working ? I've got a similar trouble with
> Try netstat -pan, it should show you if your ftp server is listening.
> Look for port 21. You really shouldn't use ftp as it's _very_ insecure
> as it sends passwords unencrypted. Try looking into ssh/sftp/scp as a
> solution.

I believe the 7.1 xident configuration has ftp disabled. ie, you have
to edit /etc/xident.d/ftp and change disabled yes to disabled
no. Then, restart xidentd.

--

ftp 127.0.0.1 : Connection refused !

Post by Ian Jone » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:03:16

1. ftp 127.0.0.1 : Connection refused !

Hi,

I've just installed RH7.1 and I'm not able to ftp my server from outside and
from inside (127.0.0.1) I got immediately the Connection refused message. Is
there a service which is not working ? I've got a similar trouble with
samba, I did not see my linux server from my Win2K platform and samba is
running. I use the same smb.conf file I used with RH7.0 and it was working.
Does anyone know where is the problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

2. Samba on FreeBSD

3. telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

4. Newbie ??'s - Mount points

5. SAMBA & locking

6. Why libwrap refused connection to telnet from 127.0.0.1

7. Where to find GAS X86 Solaris?

8. dhcp says: can't connect to (4999, 127.0.0.1) : Connection refused

9. 127.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1?

10. Which is correct for loopback, 127.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1?

11. FTP error: Can't build data connection: Connection refused.

12. Connection port 127.0.0.1:199