SSL and java servlet

Post by Luke Voge » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 12:23:54

> How can I seperate the java servlet zone in Apache with jserver and OpenSSL
> as follows:

> (    Allow    ) ----> https://www.test.com/servlet

> ( Not allow ) ----> http://www.test.com/servlet

> You know the problem is that servlet zone does not relay on Virtual Domain.
> It just relays on IP address. Would you give me some sugguestions how to
> configure the server?

One way would be to put the servlet into a directory off the main
document root and then in your http.conf file specify the SSLRequireSSL
directive.

This worked fine for me.
--
Regards
Luke

----

SSL and java servlet

Post by ?? » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Dear Luke Vogel,

Can you show me how to do that? My Setting of Virtual Host of httpd.conf as
follows:
<VirtualHost 10.10.10.11:80>

     DocumentRoot /usr/local/host/test1/htdocs
     ServerName www.test1.com
     ErrorLog logs/www.test1.com.error.log
     CustomLog logs/www.test1.com.access.log common
 </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.10.10.11:443>

    DocumentRoot /usr/local/host/test1/ssl
    ServerName www.test1.com
    ErrorLog logs/www.test1.com.error.log
    CustomLog logs/www.test1.com.access.log common
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ssl/private/www.test1.com.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ssl/private/www.test1.com.key
</VirtualHost>

Thx!  :)

> > How can I seperate the java servlet zone in Apache with jserver and
OpenSSL
> > as follows:

> > (    Allow    ) ----> https://www.test.com/servlet

> > ( Not allow ) ----> http://www.test.com/servlet

> > You know the problem is that servlet zone does not relay on Virtual
Domain.
> > It just relays on IP address. Would you give me some sugguestions how to
> > configure the server?

> One way would be to put the servlet into a directory off the main
> document root and then in your http.conf file specify the SSLRequireSSL
> directive.

> This worked fine for me.
> --
> Regards
> Luke
> PLEASE NOTE: Spamgard (tm) installed.
> ----
> When the only tool you own is a hammer,
> all problems begin to resemble nails.
> ----
> http://www.bell-bird.com.au

> ----

1. SSL and Java Servlet

?vl wrote on Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:36:11 +0800:

  Disallow requests to the resource in the configuration for the
virtual host listening on port 80, allow for the one listening on 443.

  If you have no resources at all that are supposed to be accessible
through http, just have no-one listne on that port, prego, trivially
disallowed.

Cheers,
Tilman

2. Printing ???

3. Q: Using Java Servlets (Apache jserv_mod) with Java RMI

4. XFree86 & MS Bus Mouse

6. Printer always prints an extra page (blank)

7. SSL + JRUN + Servlets Problem, Please Help!

8. Getting to high resolutions?

9. Client level SSL information needed in the servlet!

10. problem with running servlets under apache and ssl

11. Apache 2 and Tomcat 4, SSL servlets

12. SSL in servlet running in JigsawSSL2.0.1

13. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.