Briged Firewall

Post by Michael » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 02:14:33

Hi !

  It is the best do do a Briged Firewall ?  What is the difference
between standard firevall vs briged firewall ? (with iptables)

  thank

Michael

Briged Firewall

Post by Skul » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:30:54

Sgranocchiando il cranio di Michael L, vi trovai inciso:

Quote:> Hi !

>   It is the best do do a Briged Firewall ?  What is the difference
> between standard firevall vs briged firewall ? (with iptables)

The same difference you got between a router and bridge ;-)
So it just depends on your needs...

yuk

--
Emanuele Balla  aka Skull -  Public Key #661E5CBF on www.keyserver.com
"And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports

1. turn computer into brige

Greetings,

Does anyone know of software that will allow me to effectively turn my
UltraServer 1 into network bridge.  This machine has two operational ethernet
interfaces and is running Solaris 2.5.  I know that I can do routing using
gated and setting up another subnet.  I do NOT want to do this.  I want to
brigde (ie forward packets based on MAC addresses), not route.

Can anyone offer help to bring me closer to a bridging solution?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Roberts                       phone: +1 (416) 665-3566

Internet Communications and Marketing   www: http://www.cimtegration.com

2. problem with el-cheapo RTL8139 NIC

3. Briging in 2.0.7

4. creating sound dev's

5. PPP and brige

6. File delete

7. An application gateway firewall based on Linux - ITShield firewall

8. new guy

9. LINUX/shorewall firewall to firewall VPN question

10. Do I need a software firewall in addition to a NAT router/firewall?

11. Bridging Firewall - got bridging working, How do I firewall?

12. Help on firewall ruleset for routing X (Exceed) thru the Linux firewall

13. Nokia IP400 Firewall and Checkpoint (The Fastest Checkpoint Firewall Box)