Netmeeting / MSN voice chat from behind ipchains firewall

Netmeeting / MSN voice chat from behind ipchains firewall

Post by Manfred Dasselaa » Thu, 10 May 2001 14:22:46

I've been trying to use netmeeting from behind my ipchains firewall on Red
Hat 7 server.
When I open loads of ports I can establish an outgoing connection and the
other party can here me speak but I can't hear them.
MSN voice chat is not able to establish any connection.

Does anybody have made a successfull connection with netmeeting / MSN using
ipchains firewalling and can you post the rules needed for that?

Manfred

Netmeeting / MSN voice chat from behind ipchains firewall

Post by Matthew Vell » Thu, 10 May 2001 14:22:38

http://www.coritel.it/coritel/ip/sofia/nat/nat2/nat2.htm

Quote:> I've been trying to use netmeeting from behind my ipchains firewall on Red
> Hat 7 server.
> When I open loads of ports I can establish an outgoing connection and the
> other party can here me speak but I can't hear them.
> MSN voice chat is not able to establish any connection.

> Does anybody have made a successfull connection with netmeeting / MSN using
> ipchains firewalling and can you post the rules needed for that?

> Manfred

1. MSN Messenger VOICE through IPChains/IPMasqadm Firewall

Can anyone point me to some info on how to get MSN Messsenger Voice working
between two networks protected by Linux powered firewalls?
The machines behind the firewalls are Win2K and we are able to communicate
successfully by typed message.  We know UDP port 6901 is involved and have
opened that port on both firewalls and portfw it to the destination machines
using ipmasqadm but still no success.

TIA.

Michael Mowbray
NOTE: return e-mail address mangled to protect my inbox.  Please remove the
obvious from the address prior to replying direct.

2. Partition Magic & Linux

3. voice chatting on msn through BSD router

4. Prob: SCO Swim Maint ???

5. ipchains & MSN Messenger 3.6 VOICE

6. Proper way to close stdin, out, err

7. IPChains firewall behind firewall problem

8. QPopper problems

9. MSN Messenger behind IPCHAINS

10. Yahoo Messenger Voice chat behind NAT

11. question about icq, netmeeting behind firewall??

12. MSN messenger behind Firewall+NAT

13. MSN Messenger Behind a NATting IPtables Firewall