samba-swat

Post by Chri » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:14:55

Hey all,

I am trying t o shut down  samba-swat, I notice it is open when I scan my
linux box for  open ports.  I could not find it in rc3.d , and I have shut
down smbd nmbd.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

samba-swat

Post by Martin Coope » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:21:52

> Hey all,

> I am trying t o shut down  samba-swat, I notice it is open when I scan my
> linux box for  open ports.  I could not find it in rc3.d , and I have shut
> down smbd nmbd.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks

> Chris

Hi,
        depending on your distribution, swat will run from either inetd or xinetd.  If
your system uses inetd, search through /etc/inetd.conf, and comment out the line
with swat on it, then send an HUP to inetd (ie. kill -HUP <process id of
inetd>).  If you are usig xinetd, under /etc/xinetd.d will be a file called
swat, move that to a different directory then send a HUP to xinetd.

Also, in both cases, a line mapping port 901 to swat will exist in
/etc/services, comment out this line.

--

   Martin

1. SAMBA swat: no modules loaded for `samba' service

Hi all,

On FreeBSD 3.1 when I try to use swat (http server configurator for SAMBA) ,
I could not give a correct login and passwd. Each time I get the message on
the server:

swat: no modules loaded for `samba' service

Why ?

Thanks you for your help

2. Configuring STB Virge

3. samba-swat login not possible under root

4. ufsdump

5. samba-swat

6. CV860A

7. SAMBA - swat ?