sshd2 won't fork in verbose mode

Post by davelist » Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Very interesting...

I just had a rude 2-hour debug session with a sshd2:
It didn't fork a new process.  Confusingly enough, a
similarly-compiled sshd1 worked fine.  It forked a new process
when a request came in, and the dispatching daemon was still
there.

sshd2, on the other hand, disappeared after it handled 1 request.
I tried to invoke it from inetd but couldn't because of the
delays ssh does in authentication.

 It turned out that the /etc/ssh2/sshd2_config file had Verbose
set to "yes"

I haven't seen this "feature" to be documented anywhere.  Maybe
it should be.

Dave Thomas

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

1. X works fine in laptop mode, won't load in docked mode.

Hello. This is my first message here, but I hope it's not my last. I
am a newbie to Linux, but I've taken a couple classes. I apologize if
I misuse a term here or there, but hey, I'm learning. :)

I finally took the plunge and installed Red Hat 7.2  on my computer,
which is a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop. With the help of resources like
linux-laptop.net, I was able to install it just fine. When I use Linux
in laptop mode, everything works great. X loads up fine, KDE looks
wonderful, the whole shebang goes swimmingly.

The problem is when I dock the laptop. Kudzu detects the network
interface built into the dock, and detects the USB mouse plugged into
the hub built into my monitor, a Sony HMD-A400. When it's time for X
to come up, the screen goes black and the power light turns yellow, as
if it is getting no signal.

I went so far as to attempt to install Red Hat with the computer
docked. Using the installation tool, I tried out different resolutions
and color depths with the "test settings" button... Every single one I
tried gives me the black screen, yellow light dead monitor.

It seems like the only conclusion to make is to make is that my
monitor is incompatible with X. I just wanted to get some input from
some more knowlegable people than myself.

Here are some more details about my system which my prove useful: Dell
Inspiron 8000, Pentium III 850MHz, 512MB RAM, ATI Rage Mobility M4 AGP
video card,

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
Eddie Lukin

2. PLIP problems continue

3. XF86_SVGA 'Removing mode (800x400) that won't display properly...'

4. grep - how can I ...

5. Verbose mode for rpm?

6. Mandrake Linux 10.1 and that *%%$%& mouse

7. Booting in verbose mode

8. zombie processes under SunOS 4.1.3

9. File Security in ksh that even verbose mode cannot display?

11. natd in verbose mode: strange output

12. Font server (xfs): how to put in verbose (debug) mode?

13. Enabling verbose mode for httpd/apache_1.3.6?