Iptables Help

Post by Turat » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:32:59

Greetings

I am running a slack box with a dual nic configuration.
Eth0 - Dsl
Eth1 - Internal Lan

I have been looking for a good firewall script but I can't seem to find
any.
The only thing I can come up with that allows my internal traffic to be
masqueraded out is :

Can someone point me in the right direction to writing a full fledged
firewall script.

-Thanks

Iptables Help

Post by Tim Hayne » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:57:13

[snip]

Quote:> I have been looking for a good firewall script but I can't seem to find any.
> The only thing I can come up with that allows my internal traffic to be
> masqueraded out is :
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

> Can someone point me in the right direction to writing a full fledged
> firewall script.

I keep plugging my iptables starter script:
<http://spodzone.org.uk/packages/secure/iptables.sh>, and I know google
knows about it... The FAQ also has plenty enough pointers as well, as
though the info pages and <http://netfilter.samba.org/> weren't enough...

~Tim
--

and the river flowed                        |http://spodzone.org.uk/