I installed libpcap tcpdump.org trojan

Post by Michael O'Brie » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:37:02

I downloaded and installed the libpcap 0.71 with the trojan. anyone know how
to clean that sucker? can't find anything on it, can i just reinstall?
TIA
Michael

http://www.hlug.org/trojan/

I installed libpcap tcpdump.org trojan

Post by Jem Berke » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:47:12

Quote:> I downloaded and installed the libpcap 0.71 with the trojan. anyone
> know how to clean that sucker? can't find anything on it, can i just
> reinstall? TIA
> Michael

It's got a back door in it, just remove the dirty version (including
libpcap file and tcpdump binary). Of course, if your system has been
compromised then you have a different kind of problem.

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.pc-tools.net/