Setting up a secure Server Apache-ssl or mod_ssl

Setting up a secure Server Apache-ssl or mod_ssl

Post by SS » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What is the school of though on these two options? Which one is a better
solution and why?  Thanks!

Stephen

Post by James J. Lippa » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>What is the school of though on these two options? Which one is a better
>solution and why?  Thanks!

I've used the former long ago, and mod_ssl since then.  The latter was much
easier to install and much better documented at the time I made the switch.

--

Unsolicited bulk email charge:   $500/message.   Don't send me any.
PGP Fingerprint: 0C1F FE18 D311 1792 5EA8  43C8 7AD2 B485 DE75 841C

1. Directions for setting up Apache 1.3 as secure SSL server?

Can anyone point me to a place I can find instructions on how to set
up secure SSL server with Apache 1.3?

I have heard it is possible but don't know where to start, the docs
on www.apache.org seem quite silent on the matter. I have performed
this task with Netscape Enterprise server before, but not Apache.

Thanks,
Stu
--

 All young gentle dreams drowning
 In life's grief

2. GT300 scanner

3. Stronghold, Apache mod_ssl, Apache-SSL - what's the difference?

4. Accelerated X 1.2 and Stealth64 ?

5. RH6.0 Secure Web Server (Apache/mod_ssl)

7. Apache-ssl vs. MOD_SSL?

8. SOLARIS 2.x and SVR4 binaries

9. mod_ssl or Apache-SSL to create

10. Apache-SSL or mod_ssl

11. mod_ssl vs. apache-ssl

12. Question: Running Apache SSL and Apache non-SSL on one server

13. what's the different between RH Secure web Server and Apache+SSL?