use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

Post by jean-charl » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:26:07

I have set up a secure version of proFTPD (proFTPD-Tls) on Linux Suse
7.0
which works fine with WS FTPpro.
I would like to know whether it's possible to have two instances of
proFTP on the same server one secure, the other one non secure. The
way to distinguish between them would be different IPs (same ports).

jc

use of secure and non secure FTP on the sme server

Post by Sebastian Co » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:30:50

Quote:> I have set up a secure version of proFTPD (proFTPD-Tls) on Linux Suse
> 7.0
> which works fine with WS FTPpro.
> I would like to know whether it's possible to have two instances of
> proFTP on the same server one secure, the other one non secure. The
> way to distinguish between them would be different IPs (same ports).

> jc

would you please explain what a "secure proFTP server" is comprised of?

--
s.c.

1. secure - non secure ftp on two NIC's

I have a Redhat 7.2 server in my DMZ with two NIC's that are bound to
two differnet IP address. I want to configure one IP address to only
except secure FTP connections from the internet. And the second IP
address to except non secure FTP connection from my internal network.
Has anyone set this up? or have any suggestions.

2. Terminal emulator for serial port?

3. Symbolic links between secure/non-secure server

4. UCB/BSD Utilities on Linux?

5. Secure Secure Secure

6. Save over 50% on Office 97 & Select Phone !!

7. secure/non-secure terminal designation

8. Wrapper/driver for unreliable commands/scripts?

9. secure/non-secure msg when viewing webpage

10. avoid warning of redirection to non-secure url from secure url

11. Help configuring secure/non-secure portions of site

12. Secure and non-secure websites

13. Secure and Non-secure on the same box????