How to create conTeXt

Post by John Culleto » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 11:12:12

I have a normal Linux texmf distro. I am trying to use ConTeXt.
Apparently I need a file cont-en.ifmt. When I run initex cont-en.ini I
get the message "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=101858]."

Most of TeX runs right out of the box. ConTeXt is apparently an
exception. Can anyone guide me through the process of setting up conTeXt
in a normal texmf environment? The documentation is huge, with lots of
pretty pictures, but doesn't seem to address this basic issue in an
understandable way.
--
John Culleton
WexfordPress services for authors/publishers:

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

How to create conTeXt

Post by Akira Kakut » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 13:49:44

Quote:> I have a normal Linux texmf distro. I am trying to use ConTeXt.
> Apparently I need a file cont-en.ifmt. When I run initex cont-en.ini I
> get the message "TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=101858]."

texexec --make
or
fmtutil --byfmt cont-en

If you like explicit command :
pdfetex --ini --progname=context --efmt=cont-en '*cont-en.ini'

--

1. command that behaves different in a math context (vs. text context)

Subject: command that behaves different in a math context (vs. text context)

To: comp.text.tex

I am searching for a mechanism that will make it possible to make
a command behave differently in a math environment than in a
text environment.  For example, the bold used in this command
should be mathbf in a math environment and textbf elsewhere.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,
BK

2. Secodary (Slave) Server and updating a zone with two views.

3. Create a Drawing Tool or Create Drawing Macros?

4. NeoLogic News internal file formats?

5. bm2font creates a black vertical line on the created logo

6. I'm selling MSX computers

7. Metapost calling TeX (with ConTeXt)

8. Keep Surfin, And make us money!!!

9. Justification in ConTeXt & LaTeX

10. ConTeXt: how to use \setupitemize ?

11. Using context as PDF file manipulator

12. Installing ConTeXt on MikTeX: poolsize error

13. ConTeXt