Configuring latex2html on tetex

Post by Laura Conra » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to install latex2html, and it isn't finding any style
files.  It isn't finding either the one I wrote, which is in the same
directory with the input file, or the ones that I am using from the
distribution.  (Latex finds all these files with no problem.)

I am using the tetex distribution that came with RedHat LINUX 5.0.
Does anyone know the right line to put in (I assume)
latex2html.config?  I've tried a couple of things, which don't seem to
be helping.

(617) 661-8097
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Configuring latex2html on tetex

Post by Hans Georg Schaath » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:14:05 GMT, Laura Conrad
: I'm trying to install latex2html, and it isn't finding any style
: files.  It isn't finding either the one I wrote, which is in the same
: directory with the input file, or the ones that I am using from the
: distribution.  (Latex finds all these files with no problem.)

It is difficult to help when I cannot read the error messages.
Do you mean the*.sty files, or the LaTeX2HTML perl modules.
LaTeX2HTML don't read the ,sty files, but depend on its own
implementation of the packages in perl modules.  Relatively few
packages have been implemented for LaTeX2HTML.

However LaTeX2HTML uses TeX to process certain parts of the
documents, and it might be TeX complaining.  Then its probably
simething wrong with your $TEXINPUTS.  LaTeX2HTML runs TeX from
a subdir, so .. has to be present, and any relative path must
start one level above what you use for LaTeX.

Hope this helps.

--
:-- Hans Georg           --- student of 'Life, the Universe and Everything'

'Lykke er et begrep, oppfunnet for at poeter skal ha noe ? skrive om...'