1. Help - my 10pt fonts print w/16pts base-to-base, not 12
I have an AT&T Unix PC (3.51m OS) with a Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin dot matrix
printer attached. I have spent the past 7 nights trying to get my printer
to play nice with LaTeX. I have modified the dvieps driver so that it knows
that my Panasonic only has 180 vertical dpi, I have recompiled all the fonts
with a new local.mf that reflects the 180/240 aspect ratio, and I have set
1200 as the STDMAG (1200/1000 = 240/200).
When I print \normalsize type, it is 10pts high and correctly proportioned,
which is by the book. Unfortunately, the base-to-base spacing is 16pts (I
bought a sizing-gauge), while the TeXbook says it should be 12pts.
Now, 16/12 = 1.33333, which by coincidence also = 240/180. So, is something
assuming I'm using square pixels, even though the local.mf file says they
are rectangular? If so, what??? I have been all through the driver, but I
can't claim I have a good understanding of it. Right now, everything looks
correct - I've verified the printer control codes with my manual, and the
#defines are doing the right thing.
Can someone please enlighten me? I'm going bonkers - the type is so nice
looking that you can almost overlook the bogus spacing. But not quite.
I started hacking on vers. 2.10 of dvieps.c, BTW.
Thanks -- Peter
2. BibTeX can't find styles (PasTeX on Amiga)
3. Help: How to generate the plain base file reqired by Dviwin?
4. HELP! SP3 can not net use network shares
5. help needed in generating eufm# font with emtex
6. Inheritance Claim(Urgent Attention)
7. help in generating missing fonts automatically with EmTeX
9. [Q} MetaFont base file -how to generate?
10. Time needed to generate fonts with emTeX
11. Generating Fonts with EmTeX
12. Generating fax fonts in emtex