How to insert a ps picture?

Post by Guojun Zh » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 07:35:16

as the title

How to insert a ps picture?

Post by Peter Flyn » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:40:36

\usepackage{graphicx}
\includegraphics[width=2cm]{mypic.eps}

///Peter

How to insert a ps picture?

Post by Joseph Reut » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 01:34:51

> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \includegraphics[width=2cm]{mypic.eps}

> ///Peter

This (of course) inserts an EPS picture. To insert a PS picture, one
must first convert it to EPS with ps2epsi (comes with Ghostscript).

(Actually, there are ways to insert a PS picture directly, but they
are _not_ for the faint of heart!)

Joe

------------
Just when you think you've made it foolproof,
someone builds a better fool!

How to insert a ps picture?

Post by Anthony Goreha » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 02:03:27

> as the title

as the faq

\usepackage{graphicx}
\includegraphics{myfile.eps} %% you need genuine eps, not ps

For essential guidance on graphics inclusion, please read the file
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf

--
Anthony Goreham       The Queen's College, Oxford OX1 4AW, UK

1. Newbie: How to insert PS picture in TeX?

I'm trying to figure out how to use metapost, my sample file is figs.mp :

     beginfig(1);
       draw (0,0)..(1cm,1cm)..(2cm,0);
     endfig;
     end

Compile it with the command :

     mpost figs

in RH5.2 with tetex-0.9-6.  The output figs.1 (a semi-circle) can be viewed in ghostview
without problem.  The only strange thing is it does not have a bounding box!
In my sample.tex :

     \input epsf
     $$epsfbox{figs.1}$$
     end

and compile it with the command:

     tex sample

which gives no error in generating sample.dvi, but the figure doesn't seem to show itself
when previewed with xdvi, only a space (like \vskip) is reserved for the figure.  I got
the same result if I use \special{psfile=figs.1}.

Please help.

2. Is a switch a switch ?

3. How to insert PS pictures 'between columns' ?

4. font-lock-mode == nil when using sendmail-user-agent

5. How to copy and paste a PS pictures already in a ps?

6. whats the latest re: Sybase ?

7. How do I insert a picture into a letter?

8. front/back gadget and WindowToFront

9. How to insert pictures?

10. How to insert BIOgraphy with picture

11. where can I get a intruction for insert pictures in latex?

12. inserting pictures

13. Insert pictures in paragraph