Article headings for articles of incorporation

Article headings for articles of incorporation

Post by Ric » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:40:55

Articles of incorporation typically have article headings like this:

                        ARTICLE IV
                     BOARD OF TRUSTEES

Articles are numbered with roman numerals, the headings are given in
bold capitals and are centered on the page.  Typical section style
spacing is given before and after the heading (more space before,
typically).  I'm wondering if I can redefine the sectioning style of
the article class to get the desired effect.  I'm not sure exactly how
to do it, never having done this particular*incantation before.

I searched ctan for existing packages, but I couldn't find any for
articles of incorporation or other document styles that would do this
'out of the box'.

Any suggestions?
  Direct3D Book <http://www.veryComputer.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer
            <http://www.veryComputer.com/>

Article headings for articles of incorporation

Post by Ulrike Fische » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 18:23:11

Quote:> Articles of incorporation typically have article headings like this:

>                         ARTICLE IV
>                      BOARD OF TRUSTEES

> Articles are numbered with roman numerals, the headings are given in
> bold capitals and are centered on the page.  Typical section style
> spacing is given before and after the heading (more space before,
> typically).  I'm wondering if I can redefine the sectioning style of
> the article class to get the desired effect.  I'm not sure exactly how
> to do it, never having done this particular*incantation before.

> I searched ctan for existing packages, but I couldn't find any for
> articles of incorporation or other document styles that would do this
> 'out of the box'.

Did you look at the packages described in the faq?

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Ulrike Fischer

Article headings for articles of incorporation

Post by Ric » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:06:12

Quote:>Did you look at the packages described in the faq?

Yes.  I was unable to get the desired formatting.
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer
            <http://izfree.sourceforge.net>

Post by Piet van Oostru » Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:01:33

R> [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup]

Quote:>> Did you look at the packages described in the faq?

R> Yes.  I was unable to get the desired formatting.

This is taken almost literally from the documentation of the titlesec
package:

\usepackage{titlesec}
\titleformat{\section}[display]{\bfseries\fillast}
            {ARTICLE \Roman{section}}{1ex minus.1ex}{}

Maybe also include: \renewcommand{\thesection}{\Roman{section}}

and then:

\section{BOARD OF TRUSTEES}

If you want to enter the section titles with normaql case and have it
automatically changed to upper case use:

\titleformat{\section}[display]{\bfseries\fillast}
            {ARTICLE \Roman{section}}{1ex minus.1ex}{\MakeUppercase}

--

Article headings for articles of incorporation

Post by Ric » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:34:56

Quote:>This is taken almost literally from the documentation of the titlesec
>package:

Thanks.  All my attempts had the 'ARTICLE I' and 'NAME' on the same
line.
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer
            <http://izfree.sourceforge.net>

1. Response to the articles entitled a4.sty & article.sty.

Posting on behalf of a friend ...

I have used the a4 option successfully with the article style.  However, the
printout still looks funny. The space at top of the page is quite wide (>5cm),
while the  space at the bottom of the page is too narrow, (about 1cm from the
page number). Could that be because our printer (Apple laserwriter II NTX)
still thinks the page is in American format?

Bernd

        I have come to believe that every country where a man cannot
        live naked in all seasons is condemned to work, to war, and
        to the hampering restraint of moral codes.

                                  R. H. Bruce Lockhart
                     Memories of a British Agent, 1932

2. New Trailor> Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders

3. headings in article class

4. Some Nagging and Annoying Problems with OS/2

5. Translating table of content and bibliography headings in an article.

6. iPAQ3850 - Light Meter??

7. Article with no numbering of headings (LaTeX2e)

8. Tons of Logging Data

9. How to make one-column abstract in a two-column article

10. LaTeX source code of mathematical articles

11. Including articles in a thesis

12. How to get article BODY and REFERENCES in different dvi-files?

13. article class bigger than 12pt