LaTeX font

LaTeX font

Post by Ranco Marcu » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:53:04



Hi all,

Can anybody tell me what font is used in the following text (the font of the
left page):
http://www.veryComputer.com/

It seems a little different than the standard*font showing up in my
text.

thanks,

Ranco

 
 
 

LaTeX font

Post by Lars Madse » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:20:43



> Hi all,

> Can anybody tell me what font is used in the following text (the font of the
> left page):
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> It seems a little different than the standard*font showing up in my
> text.

> thanks,

> Ranco

all of it seem to be palatino.

In acroread (or acrobat reader) --> file --> document info

you'll find information about the used fonts.

--

/daleif
F2.10 - Institut for Matematiske Fag, Matematisk Afdeling
?rhus Universitet

 
 
 

LaTeX font

Post by Robin Fairbair » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:03:09




>> Can anybody tell me what font is used in the following text (the font of the
>> left page):
>> http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/rinaldi/lp/folien/Metainterpreter.4.pdf

>all of it seem to be palatino.

>In acroread (or acrobat reader) --> file --> document info

>you'll find information about the used fonts.

so the document was built with palatino, but palatino wasn't
embedded.  as a result, on my acrobat reader (5.05), it's using
adobe's generic "roman font" ... which doesn't look in the least like
palatino.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge -- rf10 at cam dot ac dot uk
 
 
 

LaTeX font

Post by Lars Madse » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 02:02:18





> >> Can anybody tell me what font is used in the following text (the font of the
> >> left page):
> >> http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/cl/rinaldi/lp/folien/Metainterpreter.4.pdf

> >all of it seem to be palatino.

> >In acroread (or acrobat reader) --> file --> document info

> >you'll find information about the used fonts.

> so the document was built with palatino, but palatino wasn't
> embedded.  as a result, on my acrobat reader (5.05), it's using
> adobe's generic "roman font" ... which doesn't look in the least like
> palatino.
> --
> Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge -- rf10 at cam dot ac dot uk

oh but that was what my linux version of Acrobat Reader told me, but again that's
just version 4

--

/daleif
F2.10 - Institut for Matematiske Fag, Matematisk Afdeling
?rhus Universitet

 
 
 

1. LaTeX fonts from Adobe Fonts ..

I'm trying to use so many various fonts in LaTeX ...
As I know, many fonts are available in Font archive sites ....

I have some questions for FONT formats ....

From a font archive, I had the following font files :

        lumpa.afm, lumpa.pfb, lumpa.pfm

In my insight, lumpa.afm and lumpa.pfb are Adobe Font Metric of the
font named "lumpa" and Binary Font Format, respectively ...

So, I was trying to convert lumpa.pfb to lumpa.pfa, and then
to lumpa.chr, finally to lumpa.ps .... by using pfb2pfa, pfa2chr and
chr2ps distributed from "ps2mf" utilities .... respectively ....

Lastly, I utilized "ps2mf" to convert lumpa.ps into lumpa.mf ....
Unfortunately, it is failed because there is no lumpa.cfg ....

Now, My question is that is it possible to get Metafont source files
from above font files ....
Eventually, I am going to use various fonts in LaTeX2e ....

In summary, Can I get LaTeX font files such as .mf, .pk and .tfm
from above font files .... ?

I'm looking forward to hearing some advice from LaTeX-ers ...

Thanks ....
--
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*


    Phone  :                                       {oo} ..( God Bless U ! )
            [Home - Seoul]  02-897-6938           ( .. )   \             /
            [Apt. - DaeJon] 042-869-4837            ~~      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            [Office - Lab.] 042-869-3570            ^^          

    WWW : http://dbserver.kaist.ac.kr/WWWDBMAN/shhong/intro.html

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*

2. faster 'delete from'?

3. LATeX font to HP Laserjet font conversion...

4. an IDE and an MFM controller in the same machine?

5. latex font and plain tex font

6. Help I Can't Delete!!!

7. LaTeX font choice -> TeX font choice?

8. Tim where are you?

9. Latex-Fonts

10. LaTeX font

11. latex fonts

12. LaTeX Font Warning

13. LaTeX fonts for dummies?