possible Mathematica/Latex FAQ

Post by Jeff Maxs » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:27:16

I would like to put a Mathematica-generated*file in an appendix.
Sure, I can export it with the tex-save option, and actually generate the
dvi with it.  However, if I try to use the mathematica latexed file as a
subfile of a master, I have to load the packages for the mathematica file
in the preamble of the master.  This tends to mess up the whole rest of
the document.  Is there any work-around for this? Anyone have experience
with this? I would like to use txfonts for the rest of the document.

Jeff

--

possible Mathematica/Latex FAQ

Post by Jens-Peer Kusk » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:53:40

Hi,

I have a small program that acts like a FontEnd. It reads a*
document,
scan for the (new) mathinput environments, send the contents to the
Mathematica
kernel and insert the Mathematica-output into the final TeX document.

You can use any other style file but you must supply environments to
typeset
the Mathematica Input and output. Probably you have to use my virtual
fonts.

You can take a look to a sample document:

http://www.veryComputer.com/~kuska/qkratzer3d1.pdf

Contact me direct if you what the nice commandline TeX FrontEnd.

Regards
  Jens

> I would like to put a Mathematica-generated*file in an appendix.
> Sure, I can export it with the tex-save option, and actually generate the
> dvi with it.  However, if I try to use the mathematica latexed file as a
> subfile of a master, I have to load the packages for the mathematica file
> in the preamble of the master.  This tends to mess up the whole rest of
> the document.  Is there any work-around for this? Anyone have experience
> with this? I would like to use txfonts for the rest of the document.

> Jeff

> --

1. LaTeX theorem naming, possible FAQ Q

Hello cognoscenti
  I am currently learning LaTeX, using \usepackage{amsthm} and would
like to produce a theorem style/type \newtheorem{namedtheorem}

so that

    \begin{namedtheorem}{Fermat's Last theorem}[Wiles, late 1900's]
    \label{wow}
       There are no integers ...
    \end{namedtheorem}
    %
    A version of (\ref{wow}) was first shown...

produces

    15 Fermat's Last Theorem (Wiles, late 1900's)
      There are no integers ...

    A version of (15) was first shown...

================
I'm not particular about whether the "Fermat's Last theorem" is called an
optional or required argument, but I am thinking of it as being
required.  The
    [Wiles, late 1900's]
though, is definitely to be omittable.   Ta, -Jonathan

PS:  I have a vague memory of some poster implying that
  \usepackage{amsthm}
had been supplanted by another package -if so, where can I get it?

--
Prof. Jonathan King,    Mathematics dept, Univ. of Florida

2. If Condition Bug?

3. TeX/Mathematica for Mathematica 2.0

4. Installing NS on a Pentium 100 Mhz Intel-made motherboard-- HELP!!!

5. Newbie question - mathematica fonts in Latex

6. "Chaining" Windows driver function

7. converting mathematica notebook to latex

8. Problem with autocat

9. Mathematica In & Out in LaTeX

10. Mathematica to LaTeX

11. Problem with importing an EPS figure created in Mathematica into LaTeX

12. LateX/TeX to Mathematica converter?

13. Help w/Mathematica/Postscript/LaTeX