bm2font creates a black vertical line on the created logo

bm2font creates a black vertical line on the created logo

Post by Peter Segn » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi folks,

we have problems to generate a font by converting a bmp file
with bm2font. The conversion step creates a vertical black line
on the right border of the bitmap. Can we avoid the problem by
choosing the appropriate parameters or in any other way ?

Thanks for any help

Peter

P. Segner

bm2font creates a black vertical line on the created logo

Post by R.I. Bagna » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi folks,

>we have problems to generate a font by converting a bmp file
>with bm2font. The conversion step creates a vertical black line
>on the right border of the bitmap. Can we avoid the problem by
>choosing the appropriate parameters or in any other way ?

>Thanks for any help

>Peter

It's a long time (year+) since I did anything with this, but I seem to
recall there was a bug (feature :-) with the picture size. To NOT have the
black line, your bmp has to be a multiple of 8 pixels across.

Cure: Load said bmp into paintbrush to see how big it is (it tells you the
dimensions somewhere. Then do a CUT of the whole thing. Start a new picture
and specify the size such that the x-value is rounded up to the nearest
multiple og 8 and then PASTE your original pic back...

Hope that sorts it.

Robert.

>P. Segner

1. Help placing font created with bm2font

Hi:

    I don't know how best to explain this but...  I would like a small
picture of a car to include in a couple of forms that we run. It is a symbol
really to fit in a line of 10pt text.  We do not use postscript.

    In an attempt to do something on my own I have created a .pcx drawing
using paintbrush and converted it to a font using bm2font. I put the .pk and
.tfm in the correct directories, use the \setcar command  (car was the name of
the font) in a test  document (after including the short .tex file that
bm2font creates) and it works fine. Once!.

    The symbol needs to appear several times on a page however and for some
reason it will come out only on the first occurrence. The second and
subsequent occurrences of \setcar are ignored.

    Does anyone have a fix or is this just the way it is?  Other solutions? I
don't think I'am up to writing it myself in metafont ;-)

Thanks

Jim

Director, Plant Industry Branch       Voice:    (902) 893-6555
Nova Scotia Department of             Fax:      (902) 893-0244
Agriculture and Marketing
Box 550, Truro, Nova Scotia, CANADA. B2N 5E3

2. W2k Pro, Can't Boot in any mode

3. A macro for creating a black border on right-hand pages...

4. Is WRS.COM really down?

5. Create a Drawing Tool or Create Drawing Macros?

6. Version/Build Numbers

7. How to create and use a logo as a font

8. Catalyst w/MRTG problem

9. Creating your own logo

10. (HELP) create .pk/tfm from scanned image/logo

11. Black lines at the right side of a black and white TIF

12. Help on creating lines

13. \tableofcontents does not create a bibliography line.