Making linebreaks function

Post by Bria » Tue, 08 May 2001 20:02:37

Hi,

there must be some environment which allows me to make linebreaks in a
tex-file have an effect, such that I don't have to explicitly type \\
after each. Isn't there?

--
Brian
http://www.et.dtu.dk

Post by Scott Paki » Wed, 09 May 2001 00:42:39

> there must be some environment which allows me to make linebreaks in a
> tex-file have an effect, such that I don't have to explicitly type \\
> after each. Isn't there?

Yes:

\begingroup
  \obeylines
      .
      .
      .
\endgroup

-- Scott

Post by p.. » Wed, 09 May 2001 00:46:02

B> Hi,
B> there must be some environment which allows me to make linebreaks in a
B> tex-file have an effect, such that I don't have to explicitly type \\
B> after each. Isn't there?

{\catcode`\^^M=\active % these lines must end with %
  \gdef\breaklines{\ignorespaces\catcode`\^^M\active%
    \def^^M{\unskip\nobreak\hfil\break}}%

Quote:}

\begin{breaklines}
there must be some environment which allows me to make linebreaks in a
tex-file have an effect, such that I don't have to explicitly type \verb"\\"
after each. Isn't there?
\end{breaklines}
--

1. making .tfm files without making bitmaps

I'm making large numbers of .tfm files from sources, and I spent a
good deal of time trying to figure out if there was some way of
doing this without making any bitmaps, hoping that it would go faster
that way.  Couldn't find anything, tho... is it possible?
--

South Hadley, MA, USA            | request with a list of all items currently
--Unix is dead, long live Unix-- | available for purchase... -RFC1288

2. How to view symbolic links via ftp

3. Advanced function plotting

4. pointer to comp.software.testing Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

5. TRIGONOMETRIC FUNCTIONS with GREEK LETTERS

6. Biztalk Editor Error

7. MetaPost and functions, and circles

8. Proxy Server Stops Working

9. \ref can not function correctly in kluwer.cls

10. alternative for \circ (composition of functions)

11. Miktex annual update function error

12. greatest integer function (old style notation in LaTeX)

13. plotting mathematical functions