Graphics in pdf(la)tex

Post by Oliver Schol » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:26:30

I like to use pdflatex on my latex-document because this produces the
nicest pdf-output compared to distiller ghostscript etc.
But, I do have the problem that colored pixel graphics are displayed
totally distorted (black background and deformed). I convert these to
eps and then to pdf (using epstopdf).
If I view the single pdf-grafics with acroread, they are displayed very
nicely. But within the document they become distorted.

Is there anybody out there who has a probable solution of this problem?

Thank you,

Oliver

Oliver Scholz
Fh-IBMT
Ensheimer Str. 48
D-66386 St. Ingbert

Graphics in pdf(la)tex

Post by Brian Elmegaar » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:44:01

> I like to use pdflatex on my latex-document because this produces the
> nicest pdf-output compared to distiller ghostscript etc.

(In what way do you find it better? From gs6.50 on there should be no
difference in font quality at least.)

Quote:> Is there anybody out there who has a probable solution of this problem?

I use jpg converted with gsview or gs, because I can't make pdf's work
properly. Maybe an idea?

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.rk-speed.dk http://fiduso.dk http://sunsite.auc.dk/dk-tug

Graphics in pdf(la)tex

Post by Heiko Oberdi » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:41:02

> But, I do have the problem that colored pixel graphics are displayed
> totally distorted (black background and deformed). I convert these to
> eps and then to pdf (using epstopdf).
> If I view the single pdf-grafics with acroread, they are displayed very
> nicely. But within the document they become distorted.

It seems that you are using a very old version of pdfTeX.
Then an update is recommended (0.14h).

Yours sincerely

1. graphics in pdf(La)TeX

iin pdflatex, I'm trying to display image that is larger than \textwidth
and \textheight. LaTeX complains that the image is too big and ships it
to the next page.  changing \textwidth temporarily seems not to be an
option - am I right that \textwidth can or should only be changed before
\begin{document}?

is there a way I could import the image and tell LaTeX not to reserve
space for lit, like a watermark or something?

I'm using pdflatex.  I know how to do this with LaTeX/dvips.

--
Rolf Lindgren

2. Login Scripts

3. pdf(La)TeX and inefficient pdf's

4. Wolfinger citation???

5. Unpacking graphics.ins

6. A good News Reader for OSX?

7. Acrobat PDF plug-ins, tools, utilities

8. Is it possible to login to Windows domain with Pocket PC 2002?

9. Graphics Files for [La]Tex inclusion.

10. Print quality of PDF (La)TeX...as good as PageMaker, etc.?

11. Is there an easy way to tell if pdf(La)TeX is in use?

12. PDF Document Information Dictionary & (La)TeX

13. pdf(La)TeX problem