epsf problem

Post by Loris Bennet » Wed, 07 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Dear All,
Does anyone know of epsf causing problems. I have some PS produced
by FrameMaker 4 which seems OK unless I try to incorporated into
a*file using epsf.sty. When I view either the DVI file or
the PS file produced by dvips, the imported PS appears breifly, but
the vanishes.
Is there a remedy, or is this my just reward for using FrameMaker?
Loris Bennett
Technische Universitaet Berlin          Tel.: (+49) 30 314 23762
Sekr. PN 7-1
Institut fuer Theoretische Physik
Hardenbergstr. 36
D - 10623 Berlin-C*tenburg
Germany

WWW:    http://www.veryComputer.com/:80/~loris/

1. epsf problem

Using a scanner, I encoded my signature as a .epsf file.  I use
graphicx and includegraphics to trim it to size, for putting on a document.
I make it into a .ps document using dvips.  I read it into gsview to
print it on my printer, and it dies at the signature, although gsview
has no problems with it.  Some message regarding a "illegal serverdict"
command is present, but I have looked through the epsf signature file
to find a serverdict, and none are there.  Anyone have any thoughts on
this (overly arcane) approach to signature processing?
--
Paul Thompson, Ph.D.     |  This is a coded .sig file.  Stare hard at
Department of Psychiatry |  the following terms, and tell me what you see:

2. Attn: Keyboard Hack Needed!

3. problem with epsf.tex and tree.tex (REPOST)

4. ORA-00445: background process "SNP0" did not start

5. problem with epsf, 2 eps on a page

6. Adding a list of dates to datebook, Please HELP?

7. Wanted help: problems about epsf files.

8. FS;SunCD 2Plus $175.00ea

9. windows.sty and epsf pictures problems

10. Problem with EPSF and Compressed files

11. problem scaling imported epsf file using dvips

12. problem with epsf.tex

13. problem with epsf.tex and tree.tex (endlinechar)