hypertex footnotes in miktex

Post by porter.. » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I'm wondering how I can make a footnote in hypertex using miktex.  I
would also like to know how to make the increment the footnote symbol(not the
number) on a single page and then start over again on the next page at 1
symbol.

For example

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text text* text texttext texttext text
text text text text text text text text text text** ____________________ *
footnote **footnote

Each page that had footnotes would start with only one * and increment for
each additional footnote.  I would prefer to do this using hypertex.  My goal
is to produce a document that easy to use online as well as to read once it
has been printed. Jeremy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Robin Fairbair » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Hi, I'm wondering how I can make a footnote in hypertex using miktex.  I
>would also like to know how to make the increment the footnote symbol(not the
>number) on a single page and then start over again on the next page at 1
>symbol.

>For example

>text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
>text text text text text text text text text* text texttext texttext text
>text text text text text text text text text text** ____________________ *
>footnote **footnote

>Each page that had footnotes would start with only one * and increment for
>each additional footnote.  I would prefer to do this using hypertex.  My goal
>is to produce a document that easy to use online as well as to read once it
>has been printed. Jeremy

\usepackage[perpage,symbol*]{footmisc}

which is lamport's definition of footnote markers, not the multiple-*
one (and is slightly modified not to explode if there are more than 10
per page).

however, i would be surprised if that lot was hyperref (or hyper, or
anything -- you don't say which package you're using) safe.  do those
packages characteristically link footnotes?  ho hum ... if they do,
i've got yet another thing to add to my long-delayed next version of
footmisc.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

Post by Sebastian Raht » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> \usepackage[perpage,symbol*]{footmisc}

> however, i would be surprised if that lot was hyperref (or hyper, or
> anything -- you don't say which package you're using) safe.  do those

i'd have my doubts too

Quote:> packages characteristically link footnotes?  ho hum ... if they do,
> i've got yet another thing to add to my long-delayed next version of
> footmisc.

hyperref links footnotes, yes. happy to provide cooperate macros in
hyperref if you work out whats needed

sebastian

Post by porter.. » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> > \usepackage[perpage,symbol*]{footmisc}

> > however, i would be surprised if that lot was hyperref (or hyper, or
> > anything -- you don't say which package you're using) safe.  do those
> i'd have my doubts too

> > packages characteristically link footnotes?  ho hum ... if they do,
> > i've got yet another thing to add to my long-delayed next version of
> > footmisc.

> hyperref links footnotes, yes. happy to provide cooperate macros in
> hyperref if you work out whats needed

> sebastian

Well, If what I want to do isn't available in hyperref...how could I just
make a simple footnote with a symbol and link it? Thanks Jeremy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

hypertex footnotes in miktex

Post by Sebastian Raht » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Well, If what I want to do isn't available in hyperref...how could I just
> make a simple footnote with a symbol and link it? Thanks Jeremy

\hyperlink{foo}{A sign}..... \hypertarget{foo}{the place to go}

sebastian

1. WinShell and Winedt unable to process .ins and .dtx?

I just tried running LaTeX over bbding.ins and bbding.dtx using both
WinShell and WinEdt. Both editors failed because they added a wholly
spurious .tex to the end of the filename.

This is probably not optimal behaviour: users will expect to be
able to install packages by running LaTeX on the distribution pair
without having to resort to a DOS window.

Is there a configuration option that can fix this?

///Peter

2. Where is the new drivers for the CR562 ???

3. making .dtx and .ins files

4. Commodore Buyout on WCBS Radio in New York City

5. question about amsthm "named theorems" + hypertex

6. **USR 28.8/33.6 Voice Modem...experience?

7. Emacs support for .dtx and .ins files?

8. LISTINGS.INS doesn't go. . .

9. Newbie : ?? .INS files ???

10. left margin ins lists

11. Help on hypertex/hyperref on the mac wanted

12. HyperTeX to PDF via ghostscript 5.03?