Newbie question - mathematica fonts in Latex

Newbie question - mathematica fonts in Latex

Post by Kamaraju Kusumanch » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:16:36

Hi all,

       Can somebody please tell me how I can produce mathematica fonts
in latex? In particular, I need to produce the mathematica symbol
obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in a*document. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
KK

Post by Donald Arsenea » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:56:10

>        Can somebody please tell me how I can produce mathematica fonts
> in latex?

Search the google archive of comp.text.tex for "mathematica fonts"

Quote:> In particular, I need to produce the mathematica symbol
> obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in a*document. Any help is
> greatly appreciated.

Look at the comprehensive symbol list on CTAN.

Newbie question - mathematica fonts in Latex

Post by Stefan Wagenbrenne » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:20:58

Hello,

if you you are using MikTeX you should have a look at the following page:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

On this side you`ll find all information you need to include all necessary
files. If you follow the given advices, you`ll also able to use symbols you
need.

---
Harry

Quote:> Hi all,

Post by cd » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:53:08

> Hi all,

>        Can somebody please tell me how I can produce mathematica fonts
> in latex? In particular, I need to produce the mathematica symbol
> obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in a*document. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

> Thanks in advance
> KK

Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

(I don't have a TeX distro in front of me, but I _think_ that makes
the i-of-imaginary-numbers)

:)

cdj

Newbie question - mathematica fonts in Latex

Post by Walter Schmid » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:18:35

cdj schrieb:

Quote:

> Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
> question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

There is no such symbol in the AMS fonts.

Quote:

> (I don't have a TeX distro in front of me, but I _think_ that makes
> the i-of-imaginary-numbers)

The imaginary unit should simply be upright:  \mathrm{i}.  No extra
package is required.  (However, I don't know whether this is actually
the symbol obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in Mathematica.)

--
Walter

Post by Ralf Schulz » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:22:48

> cdj schrieb:

>> Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
>> question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

> There is no such symbol in the AMS fonts.

No, but

\usepackage{bbm}

$\mathbbm{i}$

should do the trick.

Ralf Schulze

--
GnuPG-key...http://neptun.ph-cip.uni-koeln.de/~rschulze/rschulze.gpg

Post by Dan Lueckin » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:06:26

>> Hi all,

>>        Can somebody please tell me how I can produce mathematica fonts
>> in latex? In particular, I need to produce the mathematica symbol
>> obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in a*document. Any help is greatly
>> appreciated.

>> Thanks in advance
>> KK

>Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
>question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

Perhaps, but it may not be so helpful.

Quote:

>(I don't have a TeX distro in front of me, but I _think_ that makes
>the i-of-imaginary-numbers)

Here it makes a hebrew letter (I think it is beth). The
AMS fonts have only ever contained uppercase blackboard bold (apart
from one or two exceptions). I'm pretty sure the bbold package (or is
it mathbbold?) contains lowercase and there are probably others. The
comprehensive symbols list is the best place to look.

Dan

--
Dan Luecking                     Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas           Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

Post by cd » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:03:19

> cdj schrieb:

> > Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
> > question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

> There is no such symbol in the AMS fonts.

.... can't talk ....... too busy eating crow......

lol

cdj

Post by Michael Mal » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:14:12

> cdj schrieb:

> > Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
> > question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

> There is no such symbol in the AMS fonts.

> > (I don't have a TeX distro in front of me, but I _think_ that makes
> > the i-of-imaginary-numbers)

> The imaginary unit should simply be upright:  \mathrm{i}.  No extra
> package is required.  (However, I don't know whether this is actually
> the symbol obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in Mathematica.)

Mathematica's symbol for i is actually a double-struck (that is,
blackboard bold) _italic_ lowercase "i".  On screen it doesn't look
very italic, but in print it does.  There are a few such letters:
i, j, e, d, and D.  There is also a full blackboard bold alphabet,
where the letters are not italic in shape.

I agree with Walter, though, in preferring \mathrm{i}.

Mike

Post by Donald Arsenea » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:31:13

> > obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc>

> Wow - am I the only one who thought that one helpful answer to the
> question would be: $\mathbb{i}$ (using the amsfonts package) ?

Maybe you are the only one who knows what character <Esc>ii<Esc>
produces.

Newbie question - mathematica fonts in Latex

Post by Jens-Peer Kusk » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:48:35

Hi,

Your Mathematica come with a large documentation
in $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/texmf/doc/wolfram
how to install the virtual fonts.

Regards
  Jens

> Hi all,

>        Can somebody please tell me how I can produce mathematica fonts
> in latex? In particular, I need to produce the mathematica symbol
> obtained by typing <Esc>ii<Esc> in a*document. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

> Thanks in advance
> KK

1. Newbie : ?? .INS files ???

Hi !

I'm a complete newbie with TeX, and am looking for the way to install the
hyperref package.

I don't know how to install this (found the .INS file, but what should I do)
?

Marc-Etienne.

2. Updating a page someone else created

3. Which Soundcard?

4. TeX/Mathematica for Mathematica 2.0

5. AT&T Sent Me $75

6. eps mathematica fonts/latex

7. Emacs keybinding guide

8. Newbie font question

9. Newbie question about font error message

10. Newbie font question

11. Newbie question on font selection in LaTeX2e.