Reply:help in placing figures

Post by Jeroen Groenenbo » Wed, 24 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have asked this question before, but I wanna try
one more time before I give up.

I want to pictures which are alike on the left and
right place, several times. I use the graphicxs
package for inclusions. Trial and error seems like
an endless job. Any suggestion is wellcome. This
should be a known problem that should be solved,
I hope.

Thanks

Jeroen

1. Q: [latex] How to place a figure (table) in exact place at the text?

Hello,

Suppose that there is some LaTeX document with tables or graphics. I want tables
to appear (textually ) exactly at the place where I define them and not at some
random place (usually top of the page).

Example:

%----------------------------------------------------------------------
some text

\begin{table}
\caption{\Interesting table}
\label{table}
\center
\begin{tabular}{|l|l|} \hline
        field1          & field2    \\ \hline\hline
\end{tabular}
\end{table}

more text
%----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want the table to be printed between "some text" and "more text" lines. What
is the proper way to achieve this?

I tried to play with \topfraction, \bottomfraction and \textfraction but didn't
achieve anything.

Thanks for any help.

- Alex -.

2. CA-MD Entry Level UNIX Administrator to $30K +

3. Can I ``help'' placing figures?

4. Problems with hole#1

5. (help me) Placing figures in marginspars?

6. this program has performed an illegal operation

7. Help with a figure placing....

8. Disappearing Bookmark

9. how to place a figure caption opposite of figure?

10. placing text in a fixed place of every page

11. how to place figure

12. Placing figures and tables on top of two-column page

13. place two figure in the same line in the two-column paper