LaTeX programming question (or perhaps TeX, I'm not too sure...)

LaTeX programming question (or perhaps TeX, I'm not too sure...)

Post by joe dass » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 00:44:54

Hello!

I've met something that I don't understand.
I would be very grateful if somebody could explain
it to me. (I doubt it though)

Using the package fancyheadings, I've defined two
pagestyles {fancy} and {plain}. I switch between
them using \thispagestyle.

Now, table of contents and new chapter pages are
automatically set to the {plain}. I needed them
to be {fancy}.

So I renamed report.cls, and tried to modify it.
I found the following definition:

-----

                    \thispagestyle{plain}%

-----

It seemed very simple. All I had to do was to change the {plain}
to {fancy} and it would work the way I wanted. Nope. Still in {plain}.

Confused, I tried to add a \thispagestyle{fancy} at the

So I tried to see where it was set to {plain} in-between.
After a few tries I located the problem on the last line.
Since \secdef is defined as

----

----

I finally replaced the last line of the definition

(Well, the pagestyle was correct, even if all the
calls to \chapter were going wrong...)

So basically:
----
   \thispagestyle{fancy}
   if (..) \A else \B
----
gives {plain} pagestyle, but:
----
   \thispagestyle{fancy}
   \A
----
and:
----
   \thispagestyle{fancy}
   \B
----
both give {fancy} pagestyle.

I don't understand.

If you're still reading, congratulations! And if you
can explain it to me, congratulations^{2} and
thank you for your help!

Post by Donald Arsenea » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 07:55:57

> Using the package fancyheadings, I've defined two
> pagestyles {fancy} and {plain}. I switch between
> them using \thispagestyle.

Use package fancyhdr because fancyheadings is obsolete.
Then see the section about "redefining the plain style"

Quote:> So basically:
>    \thispagestyle{fancy}
>    if (..) \A else \B
> gives {plain} pagestyle, but:
>    \thispagestyle{fancy}
>    \A
> gives {fancy} pagestyle.

This document gives all fancy pages.

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage{fancyheadings}

\makeatletter

                    \thispagestyle{fancy}%

\pagestyle{fancy}
\begin{document}
Test

\chapter{Test}
more test
\newpage

more test

\end{document}

1. 'C-program to latex/tex'-converter needed

I'm searching for a converter, which converts C sources to TeX or LaTeX.
Anybody out there who knows a converter, so please post on me.

Also i'm searching a converter bourne shell to TeX/LaTex.
Please help, it's very important for me to get a solution.

Perhaps anybody knows a server with programs for me, so please post on me.

Many thanks to all helping men.

+--------------------------------+

+--------------------------------+

2. Et Tu? IBM or The Bell Tolls......

3. Help Snapscan 310

4. latex 'crashes' with `tfm not found' for some sizes.

5. ospf between cisco and nokia firewall

6. How can I make sure a procedure-text won't be devided in 2 pages?

7. Balance Forecast?

8. Fancyvrb bug? [not sure...]

9. ANNOUNCE: ascii text to TeX conversion 'as is'; two C programs

10. ! Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item.

11. Latex Error: 'foils.cls' not found