figure caption and list of figures

Post by jsyzg.. » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi, texperts,

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make the content in
listoffigures different from those in figure captions.  To be more
specific, I have a figure with a long comment in the caption like this

%...
\begin{figure}
%...
\caption{a figure. a very very very very very very very very very very
very very very very very very caption.}
\end{figure}
%...

and I would like it to appear in the \listoffigures like this:

1.1 a figure ................. 1

Does any of your texperts know an easy way to do that?

Many thanks in advance.

Jiang Su

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Wilfred van Rooye » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Hi, texperts,

> I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make the content in
> listoffigures different from those in figure captions.  To be more
> specific, I have a figure with a long comment in the caption like this

> %...
> \begin{figure}
> %...
> \caption{a figure. a very very very very very very very very very very
> very very very very very very caption.}
> \end{figure}
> %...

> and I would like it to appear in the \listoffigures like this:

> 1.1 a figure ................. 1

> Does any of your texperts know an easy way to do that?

> Many thanks in advance.

> Jiang Su

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

use \caption[Short caption to appear in \listoffigures]{Long caption to
appear underneath your figure}

use \caption[ ]{Long caption} to make any caption disappear in
listoffigures

Happy teX'ing, and God Bless (Bob Ross Rules The World)

Wilfred

figure caption and list of figures

Post by jsyzg.. » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Many thanks, Wilfred.  It works.

Jiang Su

> > Hi, texperts,

> > I'm wondering if there's an easy way to make the content in
> > listoffigures different from those in figure captions.  To be more
> > specific, I have a figure with a long comment in the caption like
this

> > %...
> > \begin{figure}
> > %...
> > \caption{a figure. a very very very very very very very very very
very
> > very very very very very very caption.}
> > \end{figure}
> > %...

> > and I would like it to appear in the \listoffigures like this:

> > 1.1 a figure ................. 1

> > Does any of your texperts know an easy way to do that?

> > Many thanks in advance.

> > Jiang Su

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> use \caption[Short caption to appear in \listoffigures]{Long caption
> appear underneath your figure}

> use \caption[ ]{Long caption} to make any caption disappear in
> listoffigures

> Happy teX'ing, and God Bless (Bob Ross Rules The World)

> Wilfred

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Spacing for figure number in list of figures

I'm using endfloat and would like to the List of Figures to generate a
Figure Captions list for journal submission. Particularly I want the box
containing the figure number to be resized according to the number it
contains, ie. narrower for single digits, wider for higher numbers.

Ideally, there would also be a colon after the number, so the output
would have the appearance:-

Figure ??: This is the caption text...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris.

2. R5 - fields in views

3. exclude captions from list of figures

4. Q253154 - Ras over Nat

5. figure caption as list of items

6. USR's V.FC ROM revision

7. figures and List of Figures

8. HP <font color="blue"><B>200LX</B></font>, how to convert Palmtop Phone file

9. SUMMARY: refer to a figure in the caption of another figure

10. 200+ figures in List of Figures

11. Table of Figures and Table of Figures, listed in Table of Contents?!!

12. figure caption, want no ':' in 'Figure 1:'