DVI to Epson LQ-500 (Unix not DOS)

Post by Dwayne McConne » Tue, 25 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Could someone point me to a DVI to Epson LQ-500 conversion
program so I can print DVI files? I am running on AIX 4.1.3
if it matters. I am using the EpsonLQFiveZeroZeroLo
(lqlores) mode from mode.mf to create my PK fonts.

Thanks,
Dwayne
--

vmnet   : DWAYNE at AUSVM6             | THIS IS ME TALKING NOT IBM!

Post by Timothy Murp » Thu, 27 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>Could someone point me to a DVI to Epson LQ-500 conversion
>program so I can print DVI files? I am running on AIX 4.1.3
>if it matters. I am using the EpsonLQFiveZeroZeroLo
>(lqlores) mode from mode.mf to create my PK fonts.

One solution is to run dvips followed by ghostscript
with output to the Epson.
I have done this, and it was quite satisfactory.

Alternatively, there are various dvi-to-epson drivers.
For example, there is a driver "eps" used commonly with Linux.
Here is the Linux "LSM" which describes it.

======================================
Begin2
Title        = eps-0.6.2 - dvi driver for epson-like printers
Version      = 0.6.2
Desc1        = This is a driver to print dvi files on epson-like printers.
Desc2        = This version is highly configurable and should be able to handle
Desc3        = many kinds of printers.  You must get version 0.6.2 to compile with
Desc4        = gcc-2.5.8.
Author       = Neal Becker

Maintainer   = Neal Becker

Site1        = sunsite.unc.edu