empty page style still shows number on page 1

empty page style still shows number on page 1

Post by David Vannucc » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 04:53:23

Hello

I am using pdflatex with ieeetran_v15 and miktex2.1, I am trying to get rid
of page numbering but page 1 always is labelled even if I put thispagestyle

\documentclass[10pt]{IEEEtran_v15}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\twocolumn
\begin{document}
\thispagestyle{empty}
\pagestyle{empty}
\maketitle
\date \kill
\begin{abstract}

Any suggestions,
David Vannucci
BSc Eng Elec (2001)
Telecommunications Postgraduate Group
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
GMT+02:00h

empty page style still shows number on page 1

Post by David Vannucc » Sat, 01 Jun 2002 05:03:04

Hello all,

I found out what I was doing wrong the correct sequence is
\begin{document}
\maketitle \thispagestyle{empty} \pagestyle{empty}

1. Summary: page number caused by \maketitle in spite of empty page style

Thanks goes out to everyone who answered my silly question about
why the page number still appeared on the page where the \maketitle
is used! Thanks again to all thos who answered:

Scott provided perhaps the definitive answer:

Ok. This works! I'm happy. :-) TeX/LaTeX comes through again, as does TUG!
I'm always so grateful to have all of you out there who have the patience
and are willing to spend the time to answer my silly question!
I did have a funny feeling this was a known bug...

Thanks again!

Thomas

2. x-box cd scratching

3. \pagestyle{empty} and the first page's page number

4. St. Paul, Mn ISDN

5. Putting Figure Caption on facing page, follows by empty page

6. 32 BIT--Can my Warp do it??

7. First page number appears in spite of \pagestyle{empty} used!

8. FA: Casio E115 with BUYNOW Option

9. \pagestyle{empty} won't eliminate page number!!

10. Empty style page

11. Empty Contents Page in book style (Question)

12. Slides: How to number pages according to the the number last page

13. Q: upgraded TeX, now ghostview doesn't show page numbers