gftodvi question

Post by Denis B. Roeg » Mon, 16 May 1994 05:48:20

When a character output by gftodvi is too big
for the page (like character 65 in mfman.mf),
how does one decrease it ?
Is this possible without generating the PS file
and reworking the latter ?

(Doing

mf '\mag=0.5; input mfman'

doesn't seem to reduce all the characters
in that font, or am I wrong ?)

Thanks in advance,

Denis.

1. GFtoDVI question

I hope someone in this group can help me out with this metafont newbie
question.  I'm trying to understand metafont and have been reading through
the Metafontbook.  The best way to start, I thought, was to replicate
Knuth's example file, io.mf, and have a look at the characters on my
monitor.

First, I ran

         mf386 \mode=laserjet; input io

and I got files io.300 and io.tfm created for me.  Then, I ran

         gftodvi io.300

but I got a complaint: "Bad TFM for pixels!"  What am I doing wrong?  Any
help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Andrew

Best wishes,
Andrew

Andrew Criswell, Ph.D.
Graduate School
Bangkok University
40/4 Rama 4 Road
Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110

2. XDA data usage log?

3. GFtoDVI help! -- newbie question

4. IBM Hard disk spinups

5. METAFONT -- GFtoDVI for Windows

6. Help with DCOM baby steps

7. gftodvi can't find slantljfzzz---why?

8. Living with DOS apps

9. help with gftodvi and gray.mf

10. HELP: using GFtoDVI

11. emTeX GFtoDVI: Bad TFM file for pixels!

12. GFtoDVI for Mac?

13. GFtoDVI