Looking for EuroTeX binaries for VMS

Post by Ben Armstron » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

I've searched ctan.org and have been unable to find TeX for VMS
compiled with the EuroTeX patch that allows you to include ISO
Latin-1 characters directly in your TeX document.

Does anyone have VAX/VMS and Alpha/VMS binaries for TeX with the
EuroTeX patch applied?  If so, shouldn't this be offered on
ctan.org?  It would be a great help for sites which cannot
compile their own TeX.

Thanks,
Ben
--
      Ben Armstrong                -.       Medianet Development Group,

Post by David Kastru » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

> I've searched ctan.org and have been unable to find TeX for VMS
> compiled with the EuroTeX patch that allows you to include ISO
> Latin-1 characters directly in your TeX document.

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}, standard LaTeX.

There are similar packages around for plain TeX on CTAN.

--
David Kastrup                                     Phone: +49-234-700-5570

Institut fr Neuroinformatik, Universit?tsstr. 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany

Post by Thierry Bouch » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

> I've searched ctan.org and have been unable to find TeX for VMS
> compiled with the EuroTeX patch that allows you to include ISO
> Latin-1 characters directly in your TeX document.

i've never heeard of that. _any_ tex with version number \ge?3 does
support 8 bits input...

--
Th. B.

1. Looking for binary verion of TeX for SUN OS

He is looking for the TeX binaries to run on a SUN-SparC-LX running
SUNOS 4.1.3C. I know nothing about SUN's, so please reply to him,
if you can point out where he can find the above mentioned binaries.
Thanks...Leo

2. Stylewriter Discontinued?

3. Looking for la2mml binary for Mac OS

4. Getting started

5. Looking for ttf2pk binary !

6. newbie template question

7. Q: looking for XFIG binaries

8. problem with installing Latex

9. Looking for xdvi binary for Ultrix

10. looking for TeX/LaTeX binary dist. for Solaris

11. Fonts look different: LaTeX2e on VMS

12. Looking for VMS testers.........