dvips remaking fonts under Slackware 3.1

dvips remaking fonts under Slackware 3.1

Post by Jim Van Zan » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Problem: dvips makes new fonts as needed.  However, they are not
found next time, so they are made again.

Diagnosis: dvips tries to use /usr/lib/texmf/lib/texmf/fonts, which
does not exist.

Fix: Create two directories and a symbolic link, as follows:

# mkdir /usr/lib/texmf/lib
# mkdir /usr/lib/texmf/lib/texmf
# ln -s /var/texfonts /usr/lib/texmf/lib/texmf/fonts

1. dvips question: remaking fonts already made?

Hi. I'm running TeX on Linux, probably the version that
came with Slackware 96. TeX works great, but when I use
dvips the fonts, which are already present as
/var/texfonts/pk/localfont/cmbx10.300pk and so on,
get remade for some reason.
 Can anyone tell me why this is happening? A really
simple-minded explanation would be nice, if there is
one, since I haven't understood much from the man pages
so far:-)

 Thanks,
 Bob

2. Win2k PC's behind linksys router

3. getting shaded text in (La)TeX 3.1, dvips 5.47

4. Problems Debugging OS9 Apps with Codewarriro 8.3 in OS 10

5. dvips (5.37) vs dvi2ps (3.1) ?

6. Hating time-consuming and stultifying work?

7. Slackware: bad fonts + MATHTIME `insufficient extension fonts'

8. WildReels release 1.10 available

9. dvips in Slackware 96

10. dvips 5.58a dumps core under Slackware 96 Linux

11. dvips problem in slackware linux

12. Problem: latex2html + dvips under Slackware Linux

13. Tabular with Revtex 3.1