\renewcounter

Post by Axel Reicher » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I want to number figures throughout a book
> document, not resetting the counter to 1
> at the start of each chapter.

  macros/latex/contrib/supported/carlisle/remreset.sty on CTAN.

removes a counter from a reset list.

Quote:> (Sorry if you receive multiple copies of this, but
> the send function of Netscape seems to be on the fritz.)

Just 4. Who cares?   (-;

--
Axel Reichert -- http://mt.mpie-duesseldorf.mpg.de/people/reich/

1. How can I do a "renewcounter" in latex

I am working with report.cls but I want tables to be
numbered consecutively throughout the document.  The file
defines the counter for tables to be numbered within
chapters by

\newcounter{table}[chapter]

so I would like to say

\renewcounter{table}

but this command does not exist.  What is the easiest way to
get the same effect.
--

                                 John Jones

2. Window/Level vs Scaling

3. \renewcounter{ctr} command?

4. PowerBuilder vs SQLWindows vs ObjectView

5. renewcounter

6. Wacom and Parallel Zip on SGI 540

7. Why doesn't LaTeX2e have a \renewcounter?

8. Intel Netport Replacement

9. \renewcounter