html to tex?

Post by Allin Cottrel » Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello all,

I know about latex2html OK, but can one go the other way?
The context is reading some interesting but quite long piece
of writing on a Web page, and thinking "it would be nice to get
a decent-looking printout of that".  Of course, one could
print it straight out of the browser, but we all know it would
look much better in TeX/LaTeX.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics

html to tex?

Post by David Kastru » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I know about latex2html OK, but can one go the other way?
> The context is reading some interesting but quite long piece
> of writing on a Web page, and thinking "it would be nice to get
> a decent-looking printout of that".  Of course, one could
> print it straight out of the browser, but we all know it would
> look much better in TeX/LaTeX.

Look for the typehtml style on CTAN (if you are using teTeX, it should
be installed at your site already).

--
David Kastrup     Institut fuer Neuroinformatik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum

html to tex?

Post by David Carlisl » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

You may be able to use the typehtml package to just have*directly
typeset the HTML. It can handle most of HTML2 and the maths component
of the defunct HTML3 spec. Plus a few netscapisms.
ctan:macros/latex/contrib/supported/carlisle

David

1. Any good HTML to TeX converters out there?

I'm working on a UNIX machine and my goal is to print a bunch of HTML
files automatically from a script.

As far as I know, there's no way to send an HTML file to a printer and
have it format properly, other than going through a browser.  So I'm
looking to get an HTML to TeX converter.

I tried Nathan Torkinton's html2latex but it was written in 1993 and is
not handling current information.

If you can help, please contact me via email.

Thanks in advance,

2. E from 3.0 to 2.04???

3. html to tex - which is the best?

4. ClearIndex