URGENT!!! page numbering question

Post by Douglas Gla » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

HELP!! PLEASE!!

I've been surfing for the last hour and can't find what I'm looking for.
It's probably so trivial that I overlooked it and I'll feel like an idiot
as soon as I get the answer.

I need to write a letter. I don't want the number "1" appearing at the
bottom. When I use the \documentstyle{letter} command, it still numbers
the pages.

If anyone knows how to "turn off" the numbering, please let me know via
email.

I would really appreciate it.

Doug

URGENT!!! page numbering question

Post by Douglas Gla » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: HELP!! PLEASE!!

: I've been surfing for the last hour and can't find what I'm looking for.
: It's probably so trivial that I overlooked it and I'll feel like an idiot
: as soon as I get the answer.

: I need to write a letter. I don't want the number "1" appearing at the
: bottom. When I use the \documentstyle{letter} command, it still numbers
: the pages.

: If anyone knows how to "turn off" the numbering, please let me know via
: email.

: I would really appreciate it.

Ignore this. I found the answer inadvertently in another post. Apparently

"\thispagestyle{empty}" works just fine.

Doug

Post by Kasper B. Graverse » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I need to write a letter. I don't want the number "1" appearing at the
> bottom. When I use the \documentstyle{letter} command, it still numbers
> the pages.

\pagestyle{empty}

is what I usually use.

--

Mvh. Kasper

1. How to remove page numbers from blank pages (urgent)

We are writing a book with 9 chapters. Before the beginning of each
chapter we are generating a blank page if the chapter starts on a even
numbered page. We are also generating the book name and page number on
all the pages of the book. But, we do not want the chapter name and
page number to appear on the blank page before the start of each
chapter. We are using standard "book" style for editing.

Anyone please help immediately.......

2. Mac extension/bugs - Ram problems

3. URGENT: without page numbering

4. wanted

5. Urgent!: page numbers upper-right?

6. Converting BinHex 4.0 files on the Amiga

7. Page numbering/page ending question

8. 2.5"-3.5" adaptors fs

9. Slides: How to number pages according to the the number last page

10. Page numbers - how do I have the page number printed on the upper right corner

11. Fast question about page number konfiguration

12. Page Numbering Question

13. beginners question - page numbers position