Figures in TeX

Post by Anil Trive » Thu, 24 Jun 1993 18:06:38

What is your favorite way to generate diagrams in TeX documents?
I do not simply mean how you "include" figures in document, but
also what you use to draw/compose them in the first place.

-----

Figures in TeX

Post by Armin Poll » Thu, 24 Jun 1993 23:34:16

>What is your favorite way to generate diagrams in TeX documents?
>I do not simply mean how you "include" figures in document, but
>also what you use to draw/compose them in the first place.
>-----

I`m not completly satisfied in building/including figures in TeX.
My actual solution is:
        including postscriptfiles with psfig
that works fine and is very simple.
        creating psfiles with * for windows
no comment, but i didn`t get any other tool so far.
Now Ive got tgif, but the first steps have been very tough.
Maybe that will change....

Does anyone has a "better" tool drawing psfiles under X??
        Armin
--
---------------  Armin Pollak
Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39, 8014 Neubiberg, Germany 089/6004 3445

Figures in TeX

Post by Timothy Murp » Fri, 25 Jun 1993 02:03:18

>Does anyone has a "better" tool drawing psfiles under X??

There is always xfig .

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

1. WinShell and Winedt unable to process .ins and .dtx?

I just tried running LaTeX over bbding.ins and bbding.dtx using both
WinShell and WinEdt. Both editors failed because they added a wholly
spurious .tex to the end of the filename.

This is probably not optimal behaviour: users will expect to be
able to install packages by running LaTeX on the distribution pair
without having to resort to a DOS window.

Is there a configuration option that can fix this?

///Peter

2. FS HP620LX

3. making .dtx and .ins files

4. Hayes & PPI are they gone yet???

5. Emacs support for .dtx and .ins files?

6. Access path problem in os2 win session

7. LISTINGS.INS doesn't go. . .

8. WINOS2 Video - Graphics skewed diagonally

9. Newbie : ?? .INS files ???

10. left margin ins lists

11. Unpacking graphics.ins

12. tool.ins wanted in Latex2e.

13. AMS-LaTeX 1.2, PS AMSFonts, and psamsfonts.ins