roman number at the bottom center of the page

roman number at the bottom center of the page

Post by Rahman A. Soom » Sun, 22 Aug 1993 04:22:12

\Hi,

I want to place the Roman numbers at the
bottom center of the page. I have looked
into the*manual it does not specifically
tell me how I can do that.

Can someone out there help me how can
I place roman numbering at the bottom
center of the page?

It will be a big help.

I will appreciate if you reply to my mail box.
Thank you for your cooperation, time and help.

\rahman.

\ps By the way, I was hunting for making Index
        long time ago. I have got all the stuff;
        if someone needs any help I may  be the
        right person to ask.

Post by Robin Fairbair » Tue, 24 Aug 1993 19:54:47

|> I want to place the Roman numbers at the
|> bottom center of the page. I have looked
|> into the*manual it does not specifically
|> tell me how I can do that.
|>
|> Can someone out there help me how can
|> I place roman numbering at the bottom
|> center of the page?

The standard styles put \thepagenumber at the bottom centre of the
page.  The*command \pagenumbering{style} defines what style
\thepagenumber is to appear in.  (style may be arabic, roman, Roman,
alph or Alph.)

\pagenumbering is defined on p162 of the*book (and doodled about
elsewhere in the book).  It resets the page number.
--

U of Cambridge Computer Lab, Pembroke St, Cambridge  CB2 3QG, UK

1. Page number of landscape pages at bottom (not side)

I have a document that contains both landscape and portrait pages.
When printed in PDF, this document needs the page numbers
of landscape pages to be positioned like this

--------------------
:                  :
:   This is text.  :
:                  :
:                  :
:                  :
---------pp---------
but the landcape pages in a postscript or hardcopy version should be
positioned like this

--------------------
:                  :
:   This is text.  :
PP                 :
:                  :
:                  :
--------------------

Using the lscape package produces the second version but how do I
achieve the
first version?  Should I use the geometry package somehow?

Thanks for your help.

2. FileMaker & C/C++

3. Page number AND date on bottom of each page in LaTeX?

4. upgrade 4.5 to sbs 2000 partition

5. even/odd page macro even on roman-numbered pages

6. zmail ... postscript???

7. Page numbers at the top and in the centre of the page

8. Setting up dual boot Win2k on current Win98 system

9. Centered Page number at the top of the page

10. Page Numbering at Bottom

11. LaTeX bottom page numbering

12. Page number at the bottom and .ps ->.pdf font ?

13. numbering prefatory pages with small roman numerals