wasy fonts

Post by Joe Heafner - Astronom » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hello.
I've downloaded the wasy font package from CTAN and wish to use for
astronomical symbols. However, I have absolutely no experience with
packages such as this. How do I go about install this package? I'm using
the latest version of emTeX.

--
                                -- Joe Heafner

Joe Heafner, Astronomy and Physics Instructor. Work:(704)327-7000 x246

 http://mercury.interpath.com/~heafnerj/

wasy fonts

Post by Timothy Murp » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I've downloaded the wasy font package from CTAN and wish to use for
>astronomical symbols. However, I have absolutely no experience with
>packages such as this. How do I go about install this package? I'm using
>the latest version of emTeX.

You need the style file wasysym.sty and also Uwasy.fd from the CTAN,
I think.
Then you just say, eg

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{wasysym}

\begin{document}

This is \earth.

\[
\venus \neq \mars
\]

\end{document}

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

1. wasy-font

I have 2 questions:

Low priority:
1. How is the wasy2-font usually installed under miktex/winNT4
   concerning the placement in the directory structure?
   (I temporarily put it into my document-home :-(   )
   (I used \usepackage{wasysym} )

High priority:
2. I need a simple \smiley in my text and I don't know,
   how to prevent an obviously forced "new_line"-motion after this symbol.

Can somebody help me?

--

Pfaffenwaldring 27 Raum 114, D-70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen
http://www.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/homes/ph/

2. Printerdriver for HPDJ550C

3. Wasy fonts from DHDURZ1

4. RMBTRAP and MOUSEBUTTONS...

5. new symbol font WASY

6. SMS Hierarchy issue

7. replace lasy* with wasy* in LaTeX?

8. Is MSN a good ISP?

9. help: installing xypic and wasy with emtex

10. WASY2 versus WASY

11. wasy.sty for NFSS2 somewhere?

12. Shrinking bitmapped fonts (TeX PK font files to Sun font files)

13. change type 3 fonts in a PS file to type 1 fonts