Mule-CJK-latex2html problem

Post by B.Y » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Can someone point me to a way to avoid the sad clash between Mule, CJK
and latex2html, all of which works great separately but breaks when I
try to run latex2html on a CJK document in Big5 encoding.  Basically,
Big5 coded Chinese are 2-bytes with the leading byte in from 0xA0-0xFF
and the second byte basically arbitrary.  I believe that I have found
the problem which is that when the second byte of a Big5 character is
a hot char including at least ~ { } and possibly others.  Clearly it's
possible to patch latex2html so that CJK encodings are protected from
interpretation as*syntax.  Equally clear is that I am helpless,
being completely clueless about perl.  Any help available?  Thanks.

1. MULE and CJK

: Looking for the MULE package and instructions, also its interaction
: with the CJK package.  Thank you very much ...

:                                               Linux Newbie ...

MULE can be found, in your site, as the URL:
ftp://ftp.edu.tw/Chinese/ifcss/software/mule/mule-2.3.tar.gz
There are documents and info files in that package. However, if you are
familiar with Emacs, you almost have learned MULE. There are linux
package-liked MULE, a little bit old version, also on:
ftp://ftp.edu.tw/Chinese/ifcss/software/linux/CLinux
the directories from mu1 to mu6. Also you can find mule-2.0 in
ftp://ftp.edu.tw/Operating-Systems/Linux/collect/binary/editor

Hope these are helpful.

Chun-Yu Lee

2. Do you need a special splitter for cable?

3. cjk and cjk font

4. Money changed balanced account

5. Case of the mule-headed page format

6. modem adapter

7. Problem with Thai and CJK-LaTeX

8. Output on Server Console

9. Problem when using CJK with colortbl

10. YAP (MiKTeX 2.1) and CJK font problems

11. CJK missing fonts problem

12. CJK problem under RH6.1+CLE0.92?

13. problem with hbf2gf, more J fonts for CJK?