: Windows NT Commercial Package Like XFIG

: Windows NT Commercial Package Like XFIG

Post by Farooq Aza » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have one simple question...

Is there any commercial package for Windows NT operating system that has
the same capabilities (or close enough) as that of freeware XFIG package
available for UNIX operating system?

Thanks

    -Farooq

: Windows NT Commercial Package Like XFIG

Post by Dr H. T. Leu » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Kind of off-topic in the tex newsgroup. But yes, I mean, if you had installed
xfig on unix systems recently, the manual/on-line help says there is a java port
:-). That runs on anything, I would think?

|> Hello,
|>
|> I have one simple question...
|>
|> Is there any commercial package for Windows NT operating system that has
|> the same capabilities (or close enough) as that of freeware XFIG package
|> available for UNIX operating system?
|>
|> Thanks
|>
|>     -Farooq

"What you don't care cannot hurt you."            Chap. 7a, AMS-NS

Post by Sven Utck » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> |> Is there any commercial package for Windows NT operating system that has
> |> the same capabilities (or close enough) as that of freeware XFIG package
> |> available for UNIX operating system?
> Kind of off-topic in the tex newsgroup. But yes, I mean, if you had installed
> xfig on unix systems recently, the manual/on-line help says there is a java port
> :-). That runs on anything, I would think?

Or you could install xfig proper using the cygwin (sp?) libraries.
This requires an X-Server to run, though...

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html

: Windows NT Commercial Package Like XFIG

Post by Karsten Wanti » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If you don't mind using free software javafig might be a good
solution. It does everything xfig can and runs under all OSes.
See http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/javafig/
Karsten

Post by Brian V. Smi » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

|> If you don't mind using free software javafig might be a good
|> solution. It does everything xfig can and runs under all OSes.
|> See http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/javafig/

I don't believe it has the library feature that xfig has nor the depth manager,
judging from the screenshot of jfig.

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
I don't speak for LBL; they don't pay me enough for that.
Check out the xfig site at http://www-epb.lbl.gov/xfig

 To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the
 glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big
 as it needs to be.

: Windows NT Commercial Package Like XFIG

Post by Luci » Sun, 02 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there any commercial package for Windows NT operating system that has
>the same capabilities (or close enough) as that of freeware XFIG package
>available for UNIX operating system?

I've been using CorelDraw for all my*drawings. It has better drawing
and easier facilities, and exports to EPS. But it doesn't have convenient
ways of embedding*text -- you'll have to do it yourself with psfrag.
I wrote my own program for embedding*text in windows wmfs but it's
not really worth it.

--
Lucian Wischik, Queens' College, Cambridge CB3 9ET. www.wischik.com/lu

1. xfig comparable tool for windows NT?

Hi!

Is there a drawing tool for the M$ world, which generates latex code?

thanks in advance for any hints!

        Rene
--
Rene Bock (QI/ASN41)            Robert BOSCH GmbH           D-60277 Frankfurt/M
                       Intranetanwendungen & Newsmaster

                         MIME and NeXT mails are welcome

2. Wanted: DVI and/or PostScript viewer for MS(WINDOWS|DOS)

3. xfig for Windows NT?

4. Basic error - cannot open file

5. Equivalent of xfig for Windows NT

6. Heirarchic Control Panel?

7. Q: xfig for windows (NT)

8. TeX to work with Windows/Windows 95/Windows NT?

9. commercial vs free implementations of TeX for NT

10. Problems with Easy-CD Pro for Windows 95 in Windows NT

11. GenericPostScript Printer Definition for Windows 95 & Windows NT 4.0

12. A commercial version of xfig